• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

Conservative mocks liberals for hysteria regarding Russian hack.

Someone posts conservative going hysterical over Russian hack.

Poster that once supported Bernie and is now a member of the alt-right thinks this is very telling.

dems are good at deflection

No deflection. What those said was wrong.

But you do is deflect and deny the ties between Trump's campaign and a brutal, expansionist dictator who is trying to impact US elections.

I have no idea, and I would argue that anyone who says they do that isn't named Donald Trump is lying, what Trump will or will not do if elected. I will say that publicly praising Putin and Russia while simultaneously pondering aloud if NATO obligations need to be revisited or reorganized sends, at the least, signals to Russia that a Trump presidency could be a potential windfall for them in the region.

It remains to be seen one way or the other if an Obama or Clinton led America would interject themselves if Russia invaded Estonia in the same manner that it invaded the Ukraine, but I don't think Trump is merely exerting pressure on the Estonias, Latvias, and Lithuianias of the world to get them to contribute to the defense budget - he's posturing about a massive shift in US foreign policy towards Russia. If he can be taken seriously or not, we have no idea, but I think publicly providing an opposite viewpoint to Trump's is necessary given the ramifications of what he's proposing. I don't for a second belive Trump can even identify the Baltic States on a map, must less that he's contemplated the short or long-term consequences of fundamentally changing NATO nor that his rhetoric doesn't harm American interests both domestically and in the region we're discussing regardless of what he chooses to do.

What propaganda? The DNC wrote the emails, they have no one to blame for that but themselves. You want to talk about propaganda? CNN and MSNBC this cycle look more and more like NTV in the '90s backing Yeltsin and RT parroting UR's party line today. I always suspected there was media bias, but I never dreamed it was this endemic and blatant. Oh, and if you don't think the Saudi's influence U.S. elections, and have been for years, you're out of your mind.

Bless your heart.

It's already weak, and saying that out loud isn't going to make it weaker in any substantive way. There are plenty of good avenues of attack on Trump. Fear mongering over NATO isn't really one of them in my opinion. The more shrill liberals get in defense of a status quo that most Americans perceive to not be working well, the more those people will tune them out.

Every time a Brexit happens and the world doesn't end, people will be less afraid of the next big scary thing.

If these statements were actually true, Trump wouldn't have been the only candidate - Republican or Democrat - to at least mention it.

If they are going to have music at the convention, they should have Tim Kaine play his harmonica with local music hero John Coglan-Davis. Johnny will bring this sleepy bastards to their feet.

If they are going to have music at the convention, they should have Tim Kaine play his harmonica with local music hero John Coglan-Davis. Johnny will bring this sleepy bastards to their feet.

i can find literally nothing about this local music hero on the internet

either that or the fact that he's a middle school jazz teacher

also boyz II men is way sweeter than john coglan davis i'm sorry to say rj

i can find literally nothing about this local music hero on the internet

"John Colgan-Davis, harmonica and vocals, started playing the harmonica in local blues and folk clubs back in the late 1960s while he was still a high school student. He played and recorded with Philadelphia singer-guitarist Jesse Graves and played with Bonnie Raitt when she lived in Philadelphia in the early 1970's. Through Bonnie, John got to meet and play with Mississippi Fred McDowell, Arthur Crudup, Buddy Guy, Skip James, Mississippi John Hurt, and others. He has also jammed with James Cotton, John Hammond, Charlie Musselwhite, John Lee Hooker, Bill Dicey, and Louisiana Red. He has toured the Midwest and recorded two CDs—“Cold and Lonesome on a Train” and “Heroes and Hard Times”—with Tennessee bluesman Sparky Rucker, and played for three years with The John Cadillac Band. A founding member of The Dukes of Destiny."

You're he's a nobody and hasn't player with anyone. JCB opened for people like Rick Danko, John Mayall and several others.

See John with Dukes of Destiny at the World Cafe Live on August 12th. If you like the blues and will be back from your honeymoon, it's a show you shouldn't miss.

Last edited:
Back