• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

DNC 2016 thread

Lol at Warren talking about lobbyists. If only people knew what congressman of both parties do on a daily basis. It's a shitshow and she'll be talking with lobbyists at parties the rest of the week after she steps off the stage. Same thing happened last week in Cleveland. They put on a nice show, but then do another.

What have the political Kennedy family done to hurt every day Americans? On a grand scheme. Save me the Teddy driving drunk over a bridge thing. I'm talking policy.

Nothing of real note with the recent generations. But when your message is a rigged system, Wall Street, oligarchy, etc. then the person introducing you shouldn't be a member of Kennedys. No other family in our recent history represents privilege more than them. The fucking patriarch of the family made his fortune by abusing Wall Street in the very way that Warren openly resents.

Kind of awkward to shit on the Trump family when a Kennedy introduces you.

Lol at Warren talking about lobbyists. If only people knew what congressman of both parties do on a daily basis. It's a shitshow and she'll be talking with lobbyists at parties the rest of the week after she steps off the stage. Same thing happened last week in Cleveland. They put on a nice show, but then do another.

Let's see Cleveland had "Guilty" and "Lucifer" and how awful and dangerous our nation is. How we need to be scared, very scared all the time.

Yep, it's the same thing as tonight.

Nothing of real note with the recent generations. But when your message is a rigged system, Wall Street, oligarchy, etc. then the person introducing you shouldn't be a member of Kennedys. No other family in our recent history represents privilege more than them. The fucking patriarch of the family made his fortune by abusing Wall Street in the very way that Warren openly resents.

Kind of awkward to shit on the Trump family when a Kennedy introduces you.

So your argument is an optics one?

OK, I can see that and think it's fair.

I really do like her speech, and love her message, just very turned off by inviting Daddy's Warbucks grandkid on stage hyping her up, as if he ever earned anything in his life.

I really do like her speech, and love her message, just very turned off by inviting Daddy's Warbucks grandkid on stage hyping her up, as if he ever earned anything in his life.

It'll play really well on the campaign trail, too. WGAF about a Kennedy intro. C'mon.

So only people from poor beginnings deserve your respect? Judge a person on their actions and thoughts, not what family they were born into.

Didn't your dad leave you a lot of money on his passing? I mean, obviously not Kennedy money, but somebody of lesser fortune than you would be equally wrong of not liking you just because you got an inheritance that you only earned by who fathered you.

Let's see Cleveland had "Guilty" and "Lucifer" and how awful and dangerous our nation is. How we need to be scared, very scared all the time.

Yep, it's the same thing as tonight.

Didn't say that. I was focusing on hypocrisy of dealing with lobbyists point. She tried to paint Dems as saints and Reps as evil for caving into the lobbyists. Booker didn't touch on lobbyists, Michelle didn't touch on lobbyists, because they know better. She made a mistake because I guarantee you she will be at a party later this week with people lobbying her. Won't say how I know, just know. So, just calling a spade a spade.

this is a good speech, not up to michelle's ridiculous level, but it's good, really substantive

Back