• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Role of the Media

I get the feeling that Team Trump is feeling a little stressed out.

More fuel for a great SNL sketch.

Facts aren't partisan. If a political figure lies, media should call them out on it.

Facts are not partisan, but MSM outlets have very clearly taken sides over the past 20 years. And, generally, the MSM does a horrible job of getting to the heart of the matter. So what is and is not a "lie" at times becomes hard to determine.

Did you actually read the quote? He said they treated the deplorables with kid gloves because they didn't want to appear sexist by fully reporting on their hate.

You would have pitched a hissy fit if MSNBC did a non-PC series of stories on this.

-----
“And I think it was a fear of, ‘Oh, is it going to look like it’s sexist, anti-woman if we say that?’” he added, pointing out that on the hustings he saw numerous “Hillary for Prison” signs adorning the front yards of rural America. “I think we underplayed it a little bit out of political correctness fears,” Mr. Todd said. “No member of the press corps wants to look like they’re singling out a group and making a group feel bad, right, whatever that [group] is.
-----

Since we are talking about media.

Fox News peddled false narratives about the Quebec mosque shooter and were late in correctly reporting the shooter was essentially Canada's Dylann Roof.

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/30...as-a-moroccan-muslim-hes-a-white-nationalist/

Last edited:
The White House has refused to send its spokespeople or surrogates onto CNN shows, effectively icing out the network from on-air administration voices.

“We’re sending surrogates to places where we think it makes sense to promote our agenda,” said a White House official, acknowledging that CNN is not such a place, but adding that the ban is not permanent.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-cnn-press-234455

The media needs to stop giving Conway a platform on which to spread her nonsense. She makes up a fake terrorist attack, people spend hours mocking her, and then the next poll will come out saying that 50% of Trump supporters believe that the Bowling Green Massacre was a valid justification for the Muslim ban.

The media needs to stop giving Conway a platform on which to spread her nonsense. She makes up a fake terrorist attack, people spend hours mocking her, and then the next poll will come out saying that 50% of Trump supporters believe that the Bowling Green Massacre was a valid justification for the Muslim ban.

It does feel true. Bowling Green is just like my town !

First they came for Bowling Green, and we said ... wait, that's not true, you literally just made that up because 97% of everything you say is provably false.

Exactly.

LOL CNN
16299069_10100683226295893_465916515099028778_n.jpg

Breitbart and little Teach freak out about article from "daily mail of Australia."

This is what it has come to.

I don't see any freakout on sailor's part. Just posting an article for your consideration. If you want to see someone who regularly freaks out go read a Shoo post or pretty much anyone who hates Trump. Freakouts are the norm with you folks.

I don't see any freakout on sailor's part. Just posting an article for your consideration. If you want to see someone who regularly freaks out go read a Shoo post or pretty much anyone who hates Trump. Freakouts are the norm with you folks.

Says the guy calling people fuckers and traitors.

Seems like the water carrier protests too much.

Says the guy calling people fuckers and traitors.

Seems like the water carrier protests too much.

Yeah, but sarcasm and needling doesn't constitute a freakout. A freakout is losing your shit. You folks are terrified of Trump. Fear leads to you losing your shit on a regular basis.

Yeah, but sarcasm and needling doesn't constitute a freakout. A freakout is losing your shit. You folks are terrified of Trump. Fear leads to you losing your shit on a regular basis.

I'd love to see an example of me freaking out on this board (there are probably examples on the sports board). You lose your shit like twice a month.

Back