• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Mount Rushmore of overrated foods

One thing I miss from the northeast is steamed clams as a bar food.

Crab cakes are high ceiling/low floor. I'm not a fan of scallops, but I'm not sure I'd call them overrated. I'm with whoever mentioned $100+ steak.

Personally I have a low margin of error with scallops and shrimp. If they’re not cooked just right, I’m mad I ordered them. But I don’t cook seafood that often so I can’t just settle for making them at home.

Y’all rubes know you’re eating cookie cutter skate slices about half the time you order scallops, right?

Mac'n Cheese is over rated. I mean its ok but I never got anyone's obsession with it.

With the admiral fry feast at red lobster maybe.

Ironically enough, Red Lobster serves actual scallops. But I would almost guarantee that every poster that likes scallops on the boards has unknowingly had skate wing instead and didn’t realize it. It’s pretty commonplace, even in your high end seafood restaurants.

Mac'n Cheese is over rated. I mean its ok but I never got anyone's obsession with it.

There’s a lot of bad mac and cheese out there. Even much of the homemade stuff isn’t worth the calories. But when it’s good, it’s a solid side. So generally I think I agree and would deem it overrated.

I know this belongs on the unpopular opinion thread, but Stouffers mac and cheese is my favorite. I know the bright orange color is unnatural and the noodles are kind of mushy. But I don’t care. It’s the perfect noodle to sauce ratio, the sauce isn’t too rich and thick, and the top gets all crispy. Probably have it twice a year and that’s enough.

mako1331;3583237 But I would almost guarantee that every poster that likes scallops on the boards has unknowingly had skate wing instead and didn’t realize it. It’s pretty commonplace said:
Probably true, and probably still delicious. Scallops, if you have a good source, are so easy to cook well at home, I almost never order them. They are best served seared or grilled with a mildly seasoned butter sauce. I don't need fruit truffle parfait foam with microgreens for 57 dollars. That said, the scallops and chanterelles with chardonnay sauce at Corduroy is one of the best things I have ever eaten, though that was nearly 20 years ago.

Yeah, scallops, real or fake, are delicious. No disagreement there.

Skate wings are good.

Back