• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where are we at?

Hinton's injury coinciding with our schedule toughening up is a perfect storm for disaster.

Army plays Duke in a couple of weeks. That will be one to keep an eye on.

I am rooting for Army at this point. Them having a "special 7-8 win season" would be more fun to watch than watching duke get win #2 of 3 in a 3-9 season.

I am rooting for Army at this point. Them having a "special 7-8 win season" would be more fun to watch than watching duke get win #2 of 3 in a 3-9 season.

Is it even a question who to root for between Army and Duke? Not in my mind, go Army. I hope they win every game they play except the game they play at BB&T Field.

Agree. Nice to see the Duke Football myth exploded. Loved the dude who called Cutliff, Grobe 2.0. They also have a new verb on that board. "Is it time to Grobe Cut?"

Agree. Nice to see the Duke Football myth exploded. Loved the dude who called Cutliff, Grobe 2.0. They also have a new verb on that board. "Is it time to Grobe Cut?"

I don't like Duke, but I don't see what they've done as a myth either. I give credit where credit is due, Cutcliffe and admin have upgraded that program quite a bit. 4 straight bowl games and an ACC title game appearance was a huge step for a program that had been down at the depths Duke was at for more than a decade. Sure, they seem to be headed for a down year this year, but that's to be expected. I do think that the Duke football upgrade got a lot of mileage from the media just because it is Duke though and that's probably what you mean by myth, so in that respect I agree.

I don't like Duke, but I don't see what they've done as a myth either. I give credit where credit is due, Cutcliffe and admin have upgraded that program quite a bit. 4 straight bowl games and an ACC title game appearance was a huge step for a program that had been down at the depths Duke was at for more than a decade. Sure, they seem to be headed for a down year this year, but that's to be expected. I do think that the Duke football upgrade got a lot of mileage from the media just because it is Duke though and that's probably what you mean by myth, so in that respect I agree.

Duke has improved a great deal under Cut. Duke has benefited from favorable schedules for half a decade. We had some favors too during our run like Xavier Lee and Drew Weatherford, but for the most part, the Atlantic was not as watered down as the Coastal has been.

Even though they've been incredibly lucky in terms of conference scheduling and their OOC games have been cream puffs, Cutcliffe & Co. have done a solid job at Duke.

Compare these two though:

Coach A: is 49-55 with 4 bowl appearances and 1 win.
Coach B: is 77-82 with 5 bowl appearances, 3 wins, and an ACC Championship.

Cut ain't no Grobe.

Even though they've been incredibly lucky in terms of conference scheduling and their OOC games have been cream puffs, Cutcliffe & Co. have done a solid job at Duke.

Cut ain't no Grobe.

Right you are, my friend.

Cut ain't no Grobe.

Outside of the ACC Championship, that doesn't really say much. And Duke has played in better bowls than Wake did, excepting the Orange Bowl.

We'll win two more games this year. That's all I see.

We'll win two more games this year. That's all I see.

If we beat Indiana then I can still see us getting to 7. If we lose, I see our ceiling being 6 wins, with about a 50/50 chance of only winning 2. Maybe Wolford comes out and plays like his hairs on fire.

Outside of the ACC Championship, that doesn't really say much. And Duke has played in better bowls than Wake did, excepting the Orange Bowl.

Orange > Chick Fil A
Meinike = Belk
Music City >/= Sun
DC < NYC
Seattle > nothing

Last edited:
Sun Bowl is better than the Music City in age, prestige, and payout. Taking out the Orange Bowl outlier, Duke has played in better bowls. And you misspelled Meineke.

I will be shocked if we beat Indiana without Hinton. Just don't see the offense doing enough.

That may be. However, I'm going to withhold my judgment because we've been making progress every week and with the OL finally playing well, at least compared to the last 6 or 7 years, there's actually a fair chance we could prevail. IU is still rightfully the favorite but still probably as beatable as, say, that Rivers NC State team in I believe 2002 that was also looking ahead to playing Ohio State the following week.

Back