• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Kendall Hinton injury is ...

jaybone

Reaction score
... not an ACL based on what I saw. Would guess a hamstring, possibly his patella tendon. All are not good, but hamstring would be sort of the best case scenario, I think.

Last edited:
yer welcome. Wasn't a thread on speculation so started one. I have torn both ACLs and if he tore his ACL, he did it in an exceptional way. I've never seen anybody immediately pull up a lame leg on an ACL tear. It is a cutting injury contact or non contact.

Tim Duncan in college rolled his ankle in a way that looked awful but we found out what an exceptional athlete he was because he rolled so athletically with the turn of his ankle he hit the floor and somehow avoided serious injury - because he never put his full weight on the foot after feeling it start to roll. Couldn't believe that.

I suppose Hinton could have done something similar, but usually you plant your foot, cut, your knee goes, you fall. Never have I seen an athlete plant, cut, knee goes and they immediately pull up out of the injury and hang the leg and fall. However, you see that a lot with hamstring injuries and calf injuries and cramps. This was not cramps for sure and not calf it looked like. I am going with a severe hammy injury, one that may require surgical reattachment. But again, I would be completely shocked if this was an ACL based on the plant before he picked up his foot and his reaction after. The only other way is he blew out his ACL on a previous play and played through it until feeling it start to give out on that pretty straight forward plant and then he he yanked his foot up off the field. More probable than hurting it on that play, if it is ACL. Still, would be solid coin it is not ACL

Well considering they already announced it as a knee sprain, I think we can rule out hamstring

Jay, maybe you could change the thread title to reflect the guy who is injured.

Does anyone have a best case scenario vs. worst? If he tweaked a hammie or knee, he could be back in 2 weeks, no?

Have to agree that that didn't look like an ACL to me. It's hard to see when the injury to his left knee actually occured on replay as he (athletically) starts to hop multiple times on just his right leg to avoid putting the left back down. There was no obvious buckling or instability in the left knee that I could see whan he last planted the left leg. If it was a patellar or quad tendon rupture, the diagnosis would likely have been made on the sideline and he wouldn't have been walking under his own power.
Other than butchering his name and trying to take Trump-like credit for an unfounded observation, I'm inclined to agree with Jay.

It was said somewhere else that Elrod on the broadcast observed that the actual injury may have occurred on the preceding play as Hinton apparently was showing some problem with the knee after getting tackled. The next play he pulled up without contact. Haven't watched any replay, and someone said the camera was not on him when this happened. FWIW

It was said somewhere else that Elrod on the broadcast observed that the actual injury may have occurred on the preceding play as Hinton apparently was showing some problem with the knee after getting tackled. The next play he pulled up without contact. Haven't watched any replay, and someone said the camera was not on him when this happened. FWIW

That makes sense because on the play in question, no injury is visible. The last step on left appears routine in regular motion. Maybe a quad tendon strain?

Oy. To be compared to Trump is just ... cutting. I'd rather be called a son of a whore.

Everything I read said that his whole leg seized to ostensibly protect whatever is wrong and nobody had any idea what the injury is until an MRI. I don't think the knee sprain diagnosis is anything but a guess at this point.

I just don't think it is an ACL which would be good news as that means he is not definitely done for the year. Not good though.

Just wanted to point out that Hinton tried the best he could to continue his forward progress on one leg before going down with the injury and he held onto the football. Most athletes would have gone down immediately.

Back