• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Presidential Debate

Donald Trump leads Hillary Clinton by 1 percentage point among likely voters who were polled a few days ahead of the much-anticipated debate between the two presidential candidates. The debate will take place Monday evening.

The ratings for the televised matchup between the two candidates are expected to be at record highs. Two-thirds of registered voters say they expect to watch the debate, with 41 percent saying they are “very likely” to watch it.
https://morningconsult.com/2016/09/25/trump-edges-clinton-ahead-first-debate/

I doubt that I will even watch the debates. It is the last week of the baseball season and I have four teams in contention in my leagues. I will probably switch back & forth between following my players on a live-scoring site & reading debate comments on the debate thread here.

There is nothing that could be said tomorrow night that would change my vote, anyway.

It's not about changing your vote. It's about the spectacle of Trump raw dogging Hillary.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

It's not about changing your vote. It's about the spectacle of Trump raw dogging Hillary.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well, you have a point there. I really think that if things go well this debate could move Trump into the lead. Hillary had a huge advantage in the EV map, but if Trump can secure Ohio, Florida & North Carolina (he already has Iowa), he is at 259 EVs and there are several different ways to get the other 10 that he would need:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/electoral-mapmaking/article/2004500

If you give Trump that "Big 3" of Ohio, Florida & North Carolina (and, of course, that isn't a done deal yet), I think he actually becomes the favorite and has a better path to 270 than Hillary. Any two of Nevada, Colorado & New Hampshire would do it......or any one of Virginia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin or Minnesota.

We are certainly a long way from that "ass kicking landslide of the century" talk that almost all of the Hillary supporters were confidently predicting....though some of them have been walking back from that braggadocio as the polls increasingly show that this election is going to be more like 2000 or 2004 than like the 1972 & 1984 elections that they were comparing this one to.

If Trump doesn't self-destruct tomorrow night, this election is going to the wire.....because there never were all that many people who really wanted to vote for Hillary in the first place.

Last edited:
My favorite debate ever was Dick Cheney vs John Edwards. I honestly thought Cheney was going to beat Edwards to a pulp once they got off stage. There was genuine hatred in his eyes and voice.

To be fair, Dick Cheney hates humankind.

I doubt that I will even watch the debates. It is the last week of the baseball season and I have four teams in contention in my leagues. I will probably switch back & forth between following my players on a live-scoring site & reading debate comments on the debate thread here.

There is nothing that could be said tomorrow night that would change my vote, anyway.

If only you applied that philosophy to boards. Go ahead and watch baseball, no need to waste your time here

Serious question, bsf4l, what could trump do in the debate to lose your vote?

He could stick his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" The whole entire debate and not lose support.

Gee Copernicus, ya think? Of course we are worried. This guy is a complete clown and an asshole.

splitting hairs again, old timer.

It's not my fault that you cannot comprehend what you read. A lack of concern over accuracy is something that seems to be a common thread among board liberal posts....along with posting their opinions as facts.

(You've done both in your last three posts.)

The Silent Majority might not be so silent in this election. I've said for a long time that BLM was not the only people in this country who were angry at the way some things in the country are going.

Lol yeah they are really sticking it to you while you sit around counting your money in goddamn randleman. Shut the fuck up you dipshit

Serious question, bsf4l, what could trump do in the debate to lose your vote?

He could stick his fingers in his ears and go "LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!" The whole entire debate and not lose support.
This is probably true. I'll be honest, I cringe watching Trump debate. It's embarrassing. He is easily the worst debater I've ever seen. I can see myself getting so embarrassed I'll just quit watching and just follow the thread on the board. But I don't care how bad is his performance is, I will never vote for Clinton. Trump might be an embarrassment, but he's speaking my language when it comes to two big issues: immigration and trade.

It's not my fault that you cannot comprehend what you read. A lack of concern over accuracy is something that seems to be a common thread among board liberal posts....along with posting their opinions as facts.

Sick burn, dude. Like those hemorrhoids

This is probably true. I'll be honest, I cringe watching Trump debate. It's embarrassing. He is easily the worst debater I've ever seen. I can see myself getting so embarrassed I'll just quit watching and just follow the thread on the board. But I don't care how bad is his performance is, I will never vote for Clinton. Trump might be an embarrassment, but he's speaking my language when it comes to two big issues: immigration and trade.

If he literally shot someone in the audience during the debate. Still gets your vote right?

Back