Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

Thread: Mafia Signup for 5/10

  1. #1

    Mafia Signup for 5/10

    <3

    1. Diggy
    2. Gouda
    3. Da
    4. Mako
    5. Toots
    6. Gooner
    7. Creamy
    8. Cat
    9. Ph
    10. bym
    11. Tejas
    12. D14
    13. Juice
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Last edited by Donkey Deac Doug; 05-07-2021 at 08:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Also, please light the beacons. Today is pretty fucking busy for me, but if you're connected to Kansas or Maryland, please let them know.

    If we get enough, I'll put the time over the weekend to theme it.
    Last edited by Donkey Deac Doug; 05-06-2021 at 10:16 AM.

  3. #3
    I'll play OR be your wingman if you'd prefer. maybe see how many takers we get and if enough i'll help mod?

  4. #4
    also good idea to host - it will be nice to see you participating in a game past N1.

  5. #5
    In.

  6. #6
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,306
    Yessir.

  7. #7

  8. #8
    in and posted to terp board, and pinged a couple guys
    Last edited by Toogs; 05-06-2021 at 11:02 AM.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    I can't, moving to Napa. Would still like toogs and da recs for wineries I should hit in the 2 months we're there. Consider this a pre-banter

  11. #11
    if we're pre-bantering, ***creamy***

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,306
    Quote Originally Posted by ryalaman View Post
    I can't, moving to Napa. Would still like toogs and da recs for wineries I should hit in the 2 months we're there. Consider this a pre-banter
    Ooh, ooh - I'm in for this. Diggler is a wine connoisseur too, so might have some good recs.

    Let's see, starting with Russian River - Merry Edwards, Harftford, Dutton-Goldfield, Joseph Swan, Michel-Schlumberger. There are a bunch more - I need to check my notes. I was out there in December 2019, found some good places, but there had just been a big fire in the area, so a lot of things were closed.

  14. #14
    In, I will have much more time next week as well.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ryalaman View Post
    I can't, moving to Napa. Would still like toogs and da recs for wineries I should hit in the 2 months we're there. Consider this a pre-banter

    I have a spreadsheet. It's outdated now but still probably largely accurate. What price ranges? You have to do the Phelps tour just cuz. I focus mainly outside of Napa for better QPR, but I have still been to tons in Napa.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by DaDeacs View Post
    Ooh, ooh - I'm in for this. Diggler is a wine connoisseur too, so might have some good recs.

    Let's see, starting with Russian River - Merry Edwards, Harftford, Dutton-Goldfield, Joseph Swan, Michel-Schlumberger. There are a bunch more - I need to check my notes. I was out there in December 2019, found some good places, but there had just been a big fire in the area, so a lot of things were closed.
    Will file these away. I think we're probably mostly looking for recs in Napa vs Sonoma/Russian River, if only because the Russian River places are basically equidistant between our place in SF and the place we'll be staying in Napa. Seems like a waste to not take advantage of where we're staying and then maybe do some weekend trips up later on.

  17. #17
    i'm a napa idiot, mainly because i prefer the laid back vibe in sonoma. We went last august and my favorites were Macrostie (having a bottle tonight with dinner), Dry Creek, Gary Farrell.

  18. #18
    Dickie Hemric
    DaDeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hudson River
    Posts
    19,306
    Quote Originally Posted by ryalaman View Post
    Will file these away. I think we're probably mostly looking for recs in Napa vs Sonoma/Russian River, if only because the Russian River places are basically equidistant between our place in SF and the place we'll be staying in Napa. Seems like a waste to not take advantage of where we're staying and then maybe do some weekend trips up later on.
    Haven't done Napa in a bit - its always a bit overcrowded and priced up. But i will look when I get home - some of the top of my head are Domaine Carneros, which is my favorite cali sparkler, and its a big massive mansion thing - Darioush has good wines and is a cool place - Elyse has great wines - Caymus, Silver Oak and Opus One are insanely good, but crazy priced - Sterling has very average wine, but they have a cool lift thing that you can take to the top of a mountain thats fun to do, Napa Cellars has decent wine, but the tasting room is boring. There are more, but I need to check my past trips, along the Silverado trail there are still a ton of wineries with big yards that they allow people to come bring lunches and buy their wine for a picnic, so my goto was always to head to the oakville grocery, buy a bunch of meats and cheeses and go chill on a winery lawn for an afternnon. Most of those places still get crazy crowded and wines are overpriced, but its fun.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Toogs View Post
    I have a spreadsheet. It's outdated now but still probably largely accurate. What price ranges? You have to do the Phelps tour just cuz. I focus mainly outside of Napa for better QPR, but I have still been to tons in Napa.
    Yeah, I don't think this is a "we're gonna be a member at all these places" type of trip. The markup is silly. I think price range is probably <$75 for tastings, but if there's something that I have to try then I'm game.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Deac Doug View Post
    <3

    1. Diggy
    2. Gouda
    3. Da
    4. Mako
    5. Toots
    6. Gooner
    7. Creamy
    8. Cat
    9.
    10.

    .
    .
    .
    .
    .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •