• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

I believe the children are our future...

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
http://election.scholastic.com/vote/

Most voters will make their picks for president on November 8, but our readers have already made their choice. Hillary Clinton won this year’s Scholastic Student Vote.

1476740753609.jpg

The Democratic candidate for president received 52 percent of the student votes, while her main challenger, Republican Donald Trump, received 35 percent. The remaining 13 percent was split among dozens of write-in candidates.

Since 1940, the results of the student vote have usually mirrored the outcome of the presidential election. In fact, Scholastic readers have been wrong only twice. In 1948, kids picked Thomas E. Dewey over President Harry S. Truman. And in 1960, more students voted for Richard M. Nixon than for the eventual president, John F. Kennedy.

1476740557731.png

That is a scary looking map for forward thinking Republicans. Oh wait nevermind.

Interesting that the Scholastic vote only missed Truman over Dewey and Kennedy over Nixon. It's not like the kids just go liberal.

West Virginia kids like Trump the most of any of the 50 states. THat is...interesting.

Yeah, weird that they'd find Dem promises attractive.

Also weird that the same demographic supported Reagan, Bush, W, etc. I can't imagine why any child would choose Donald Trump. I really can't.

I wonder who the write in "others" winner was in DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also weird that the same demographic supported Reagan, Bush, W, etc. I can't imagine why any child would choose Donald Trump. I really can't.

he probably wins the "kids who get lost in New York" demo tho

It's always neat to get a reminder that some of our conservative posters don't read. Scholastic vote has gotten every pick right except for Dewey and Nixon. They picked Republicans more often than the entire electorate and they only missed two of the most famously close races election history.

remarkable given that most kids carry their parents' political leanings with them into their twenties

It stands to reason that 8% or so of the anti-Trump kids were able to find the absurdity in their parents' Trump arguments.

It wouldn't surprise me if this poll sparked a Twitter rant from Trump about children's media.

Last edited:
remarkable given that most kids carry their parents' political leanings with them into their twenties

That could be happening here anyway. Imagine how the EV would break without votes from the older population. Senior citizens don't typically have school-aged kids.

Th fact that "Others" received teens to as much as twenty to thirty-something percent probably reflects th parents' disgust with both candidates.

Or how sweet Cam Newton and Lebron James would be as POTUS.

Back