• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Russian Election Interference Thread

100% chance this has nothing to do with Trump trashing the intelligence community.

Actually I don't think it does. This document has apparently been going around since October, but nobody reported it because they couldn't independently verify the allegations

A dossier making explosive — but unverified — allegations that the Russian government has been “cultivating, supporting and assisting” President-elect Donald Trump for years and gained compromising information about him has been circulating among elected officials, intelligence agents, and journalists for weeks.
The dossier, which is a collection of memos written over a period of months, includes specific, unverified and potentially unverifiable allegations of contact between Trump aides and Russian operatives, and graphic claims of sexual acts documented by the Russians. CNN reported Tuesday that a two-page synopsis of the report was given to President Barack Obama and Trump.
Now BuzzFeed News is publishing the full document so that Americans can make up their own minds about allegations about the president-elect that have circulated at the highest levels of the US government.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensing...es-to-russia?utm_term=.di8BJXvqav#.ty4XoKwNbw

If it wasn't bad enough...

Holy shit...that PDF report...

So that information was available well before the Republic convention and nothing went public because it couldn't be verified.

Yet Comey went announced that there were "new emails" right before the election before any verification that anything was new.

Wow.

So that information was available well before the Republic convention and nothing went public.

Wow.

I'm fine with that, but it would've been nice if the Democratic candidate was extended the same courtesy.

ETA: I don't think this stuff should go public. It should be dealt with privately.

Last edited:
Actually I don't think it does. This document has apparently been going around since October, but nobody reported it because they couldn't independently verify the allegations

This. A handful of credible people have hinted at this going all the way back to August. Those same people are claiming there is another shoe to drop. Journalists are putting the pieces together.

Whether this was intentionally leaked today because of Trump's tantrum last week after the intel briefing...would not be surprised but who knows.

Last edited:
So that information was available well before the Republic convention and nothing went public because it couldn't be verified.

Yet Comey went announced that there were "new emails" right before the election before any verification that anything was new.

Wow.

Correct.

I'm fine with that, but it would've been nice if the Democratic candidate was extended the same courtesy.

ETA: I don't think this stuff should go public. It should be dealt with privately.

Fuck that. If our President is making secret deals with Russia- I want to know about it.

This. A handful of credible people have hinted at this going all the way back to August. Those same people are claiming there is another shoe to drop. Journalists are putting the pieces together.

Whether this was intentionally leaked today because of Trump's tantrum last week after the intel briefing...would not be surprised but who knows.

Nah, Buzzfeed had this long before today. It wasn't leaked today. They just decided to publish it today in response to the CNN story

What's great is that SNL can get Seth to do that for the cold open Saturday night.

Fuck that. If our President is making secret deals with Russia- I want to know about it.

The intelligence community should've shut down the nomination if it was known pre-RNC. I'm fine not knowing about stuff like this if it's dealt with discretely.

Comey's pre-election play looks really bad now, though. That guy is about to fall on a really long sword.

The intelligence community really let us down by public focusing on silly shit while privately investigating that the Republican nominee had been compromised for years.

The intelligence community really let us down by public focusing on silly shit while privately investigating that the Republican nominee had been compromised for years.

Yeah, this is the problem for me. I'm fine with the intelligence community not telling the public information like this if it a) acts on its intelligence in the country's best interest and b) doesn't encourage conspiracy-theory peddling fascists with silly shit.

Yeah seriously. We should keep it private if Trump's lawyer was making arrangements with the Russian government to pay the hackers who were compromising the DNC?

I'm going to hope that you just haven't read the PDF and don't know what's in there. It's a lot beyond golden showers

Let's all keep in mind that pretty much everything Trump has said about Russia with respect to our election has turned out to be false.

Yeah, anybody that wasn't hugely suspicious when trump made his absolutely non-casual request on national television for russians to hack hillary was not paying attention. It was pretty obvious that he already knew what was going on. He just literally can't keep his mouth shut.

Back