• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

with 0 evidence to prove something that isn't true?

no thank you. I don't succumb to a majority just because they agree on something...

If clawson gives a fair shot, there is no way john should start anything other than a cupcake game next season. unless he develops an awesome arm over the summer.

You're talking to a group of Wake fans who wanted Wolford benched for the majority of the year. These same people went on and on about how Kearns should be given a chance. For the record, I was one of these people I'm talking about. Well, hey, we've seen that Kearns is a capable thrower, albeit in limited reps but he is far more limited at this point in his career than John Wolford. We also recognize that Coach Clawson and staff know a hell of a lot more about the personnel and makeup of this team than some armchair, blowhard Canuck.

I just don't see how you could think it's advantageous for the WF football program to urge Wolford to transfer, given Hinton's injury prone track record, Kearns having yet to prove anything substantial, and no other QB on the roster having taken a snap. You're just wrong and you need to take the L.

The 521 yard rushing total - isn't that inclusive of lost yardage on sacks? Given the 70+ (I think that was the stat mentioned yesterday) sacks inflicted on him this year, his positive gain yardage had to be pretty impressive.

Also, it appeared to me that on the play he was injured that the defender pull him down by the helmet in some manner - ear hole or face mask. Anybody else notice that. There was also a tackle early on where he seemed to get spun around 360 degrees while about waist high to other players. Unusual tackle...

You're talking to a group of Wake fans who wanted Wolford benched for the majority of the year. These same people went on and on about how Kearns should be given a chance. For the record, I was one of these people I'm talking about. Well, hey, we've seen that Kearns is a capable thrower, albeit in limited reps but he is far more limited at this point in his career than John Wolford. We also recognize that Coach Clawson and staff know a hell of a lot more about the personnel and makeup of this team than some armchair, blowhard Canuck.

I just don't see how you could think it's advantageous for the WF football program to urge Wolford to transfer, given Hinton's injury prone track record, Kearns having yet to prove anything substantial, and no other QB on the roster having taken a snap. You're just wrong and you need to take the L.

I never claimed to know more than the coaches...

I can see where you are coming from. I am thinking of it more of in terms for what is best for John himself. (along with the personal feelings that being the hardest working guy and starting for 3 years then being benched by someone new does not usually make someone happy) that is why I suggested transferring. Hell he at first committed to ECU, and probably would have had a hell of a career in their offense due to the amount of down the field passing that offense has, or lack there of.

As for if that is best for the Wake program.... In the long run it is hard to make an argument that John is the better alternative. We have seen his ceiling...it was reached at the HS level.

The honest truth can be hard to take sometimes, but that doesn't mean it is not the truth

I can see where you are coming from. I am thinking of it more of in terms for what is best for John himself. (along with the personal feelings that being the hardest working guy and starting for 3 years then being benched by someone new does not usually make someone happy) that is why I suggested transferring. Hell he at first committed to ECU, and probably would have had a hell of a career in their offense due to the amount of down the field passing that offense has, or lack there of.

As for if that is best for the Wake program.... In the long run it is hard to make an argument that John is the better alternative. We have seen his ceiling...it was reached at the HS level.

The honest truth can be hard to take sometimes, but that doesn't mean it is not the truth

Who's truth? Your truth? To suggest that wolford isn't a good athlete is pure stupidity.

The 521 yard rushing total - isn't that inclusive of lost yardage on sacks? Given the 70+ (I think that was the stat mentioned yesterday) sacks inflicted on him this year, his positive gain yardage had to be pretty impressive.

Also, it appeared to me that on the play he was injured that the defender pull him down by the helmet in some manner - ear hole or face mask. Anybody else notice that. There was also a tackle early on where he seemed to get spun around 360 degrees while about waist high to other players. Unusual tackle...

It actually is not. Sacks do not go down as rushing yards. If they did I am pretty sure John would have closer to 100 yards as he loves to keep going back and back until just falling down

Last edited:
Who's truth? Your truth? To suggest that wolford isn't a good athlete is pure stupidity.

How is it pure stupidty? I have still yet to receive any concrete or video evidence other than the video of a 70 yard sprint and a mere 500 yards rushing for the year(when majority came against shit D)

and the truth is that Wolford is not an ACC level QB...American at best

It actually is not. Sacks do not go down as rushing yards. If they did I am pretty sure John would have closer to 100 yards as he loves to keep going back and back until just falling down

Chris Barclays didnt tell you this after the games?? tisk tisk!! hahahaha

Wow !

Interesting thing to say about a kid after he leads us to our biggest win in what, 6 years?

How is it pure stupidty? I have still yet to receive any concrete or video evidence other than the video of a 70 yard sprint and a mere 500 yards rushing for the year(when majority came against shit D)

and the truth is that Wolford is not an ACC level QB...American at best

So other than the evidence, you've got no evidence?

A hard fighting Deac fails miserably on his first possession and then proceeds to pile up 31 points in a half for a team challenged to score 14 in its last 5 games and the board piles on like white on rice. Can anyone enjoy the moment and save the opinion and philosophy for later? We just won, what, the 8th bowl game in our history and even that is somehow not good enough for some.

Back