• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

Talked to an ECU guy at church yesterday who reminded me that 4 years ago he told me that Wolford was a late Pirate decommit, and what a major blow to their program it was at the time. Anyone remember the details of the flip , and were we as excited at the time as ECU was (according to my guy)deflated?

Well the Wake QB roster Wolford's true freshman year was: Kevin Sousa (Rjr), Kyle Driscoll (F), Wolford (F) and Pat Long (Rjr). Long was a walkon I believe.

I don't recall anybody being excited about Sousa as the potential starter. So better to have two freshmen to choose between than have just one. The two guys behind Tanner Price at the end of 2013, Tyler Cameron and Patrick Thompson, disappeared
when Clawson arrived. Sousa was apparently not on the team in 2013 as his bio shows nothing for 2013 and shows him "transitioning back to QB" in spring 2014, then nothing.

Cameron played in three games in 2013 as a RFr and was supposed to be the heir apparent to Price.

Well the Wake QB roster Wolford's true freshman year was: Kevin Sousa (Rjr), Kyle Driscoll (F), Wolford (F) and Pat Long (Rjr). Long was a walkon I believe.

I don't recall anybody being excited about Sousa as the potential starter. So better to have two freshmen to choose between than have just one. The two guys behind Tanner Price at the end of 2013, Tyler Cameron and Patrick Thompson, disappeared
when Clawson arrived. Sousa was apparently not on the team in 2013 as his bio shows nothing for 2013 and shows him "transitioning back to QB" in spring 2014, then nothing.

Cameron played in three games in 2013 as a RFr and was supposed to be the heir apparent to Price.

There was a Smith kid from Michigan that came in with Wolford and transferred after Wolford beat him out.

I hope he is given an opportunity to spend 10 minutes alone with Elrod. I will pray to my God for this. And in a just world, Elrod would have to endure every hit Wolford took in his first 2 3/4 years, and he would have to endure those on about 30 consecutive days (30 games on consecutive days). Too bad the world is unjust.

Would be nice wouldn't it? Gotta think somewhere deep inside, Clawson/Wolford is sending a big FU to Elrod and the teams that (I'm talking to you Louisville) that participated in that. Glad these guys went out like they did after having to sit through back to back 3-9 seasons and Wakeyleaks. I can't imagine what those dudes had to be feeling with all of that going on. I think that's what made winning the Belk Bowl and Military Bowl so special. Props to Wolford and the other seniors for working hard and going out on top, they damn sure deserve it.

There was a Smith kid from Michigan that came in with Wolford and transferred after Wolford beat him out.

Travis Smith didn't last long at Wake, because he doesn't show on the fall 2014 roster, even though he is listed on the signing day central writeup. He was one of the four guys mentioned as competing for the starting QB job in Aug 2014. He left the team before the end of the season. - he didn't appear on the roster of players for the Duke game at the end of the season.

Kevin Sousa came in with a good bit of hype because he decommitted from Michigan to come to Wake.

But there was little positive buzz around him even from the more optimistic wall watchers.

Kevin Sousa came in with a good bit of hype because he decommitted from Michigan to come to Wake.

But there was little positive buzz around him even from the more optimistic wall watchers.

The publicity of a DWI didn't help Kevin. Never seemed to possess the QB "it". I believe he graduated from MSD and went to WSSU for a grad year. Don't know what he's been up to since.

The publicity of a DWI didn't help Kevin. Never seemed to possess the QB "it". I believe he graduated from MSD and went to WSSU for a grad year. Don't know what he's been up to since.

Glad to hear he graduated.

"F*ck you Tommy Elrod, you worthless POS" would have been a great thread post Belk Bowl. I thought of it, but it is probably better that I promptly forgot.

Similar to what the mods do when you type Bz's name [Redacted] why can't they change when you type "Elrod" it comes up "POS Tommy Elrod" ? Can we take a vote on this?

I went back and looked at John's stats for his career and this is really amazing. In his 1st 41 games he only threw for over 300 yds 1 time. in his last 6 games he threw for over 300 yds 4 times and over 400 yds twice

No clue how to query it but I’d imagine there have been very few QBs who started the majority of games for first 3 years and had such a jump in QB rating.

He went from almost DFL (121 of 124 qualified QBs) to #12. That’s unreal.

Back