• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Props to Wolford

dude you realize that Tebow had a much more ready body for this sport? you do know that he was a tough guy that actually played through any injury. and you do know that he played for the FLORIDA GATORS, who have a little more talent than we do.

some people need to learn what context is.

Nope. Good try. You were using Tebow as an example of why Florida HS stats are meaningless and to support the idea that Wolford can't be a successful college QB. However Tebow was one of the best college QBs of all time. The fail is strong with you.

Nope. Good try. You were using Tebow as an example of why Florida HS stats are meaningless and to support the idea that Wolford can't be a successful college QB. However Tebow was one of the best college QBs of all time. The fail is strong with you.

wrong again. I brought up tebow to prove that it does not take an amazing athlete to hold the florida qb passing and rushing stats. sure amazing at the HS level, but completely different than being a good athlete in the ACC. again, average at best.

Tebow had size and strength that john does not. That helped make him succesfful at the college level. but in the end his athleticism was, again, average at best compared to other NFL players, thus killing his football career...making him go to baseball...

I hope you understand context now

All this football knowledge from a dude who's country's version of football features a 110 yard field, 3 downs, 25 yard long end zones, receivers can get a running start and a 1 yard wide neutral zone that virtually assures the offense of picking up short yardage situations anytime.

wrong again. I brought up tebow to prove that it does not take an amazing athlete to hold the florida qb passing and rushing stats. sure amazing at the HS level, but completely different than being a good athlete in the ACC. again, average at best.

Tebow had size and strength that john does not. That helped make him succesfful at the college level. but in the end his athleticism was, again, average at best compared to other NFL players, thus killing his football career...making him go to baseball...

I hope you understand context now

Tebow was an amazing athlete. Arguing against that is mind boggling.

This guy still maintaining that Wolfird is an average athlete, at best? That's amazing.

What evidence is there that Tebow is a good athlete? The Canadian demands proof!!

honestly I do...

I already stated he was an amazing athlete in college, but that he was average at best once he made it to the League.

some of yall either cant, or flat refuse, to read a whole comment.

the whole point of tebow being athletic was only brought up because tigerswood doesn't understand what context is.

There are athletes that are altheletic enough to make it in todays world of professional and college sports. there are players that wish they could (like wolford). I guess ill wait until next December when this amazing ahlete that has been leading our stifling offense for the last 3 years is facing the FACT that he will no longer be good enough to play football anymore, probably not even good enough for this Canadian league yall continue to joke on, even though you know more about said league than myself..

This guy still maintaining that Wolfird is an average athlete, at best? That's amazing.

and I will continue to maintain that John is an average athlete in terms of others in the ACC until someone provides proof(other than running straight at a fast speed) or some rushing yards that barely make it over 500 for the year. an offense built on the run. an offense that cant throw because the QB has zero arm strength with a good arm. An offense that could not handle any pressure on the QB due to a weak line, but made even more obvious by the way Wolford usually handled pressure: by falling down like a turtle

What evidence is there that Tebow is a good athlete? The Canadian demands proof!!

Well, he hit a golf ball 537 yards the first time he ever touched a club. That was right before he performed open heart surgery on an orphan in Cambodia.

Well, he hit a golf ball 537 yards the first time he ever touched a club. That was right before he performed open heart surgery on an orphan in Cambodia.

Did you really just bring the sport requiring probably the least amount of athleticism into a conversation about athleticism?

again the reason tebow was brought up was not to question how strong he is, or even how athletic he was. It was to kill the idea that you had to be a great athlete(by this I mean in terms of throughout a career, ending in the pros or college) was determined just by holding HIGH SCHOOL records in Florida. Sure great athletes in HS break records all the time, doesn't mean they are gonna be good enough athletes to make it at the next level, let alone get paid to do it for their career.

Still no one can prove that John is anything more than an average athlete at this level, with below average arm strength.

Yall need to quit bashing the CFL. Any league where a stud like Darian Durant can carve out a solid 10+ year career as a starting qb is nothing to joke about.

Not sure if joking but Durant was a stud QB for UNC.

Not sure if joking but Durant was a stud QB for UNC.

Wouldnt constitute him a "stud" at UNC. While he is one of my favorite ACC qbs of all time, dont ask me how or why, I still associate him with the team that lost to Ted freaking Roof in 03. Losing to early 2000's Duke, especially a team coached by Roof, is inexcusable. Especially at home.

The Canadian is an idiot but Wolford and our OC both sucked in most games this season.

Back