• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Good bourbon

Very nice choice. I assume it is the 18 yr and not the 17 yr. Do you know the batch number?

It is the 18yr. Don't know the batch number, will let yall know when I receive it. Just checked the place I ordered it from and it says they are sold out today so hopefully my order was fulfilled!

It is the 18yr. Don't know the batch number, will let yall know when I receive it. Just checked the place I ordered it from and it says they are sold out today so hopefully my order was fulfilled!

Did you order it from Julio's up in Massachusetts by any chance? I know they had a Jefferson 18 single barrel pick...

So tonight's jesus whiskey was by far my least favorite. Pig's Nose scotch. Did not care for it at all. Had this bizarre taste on the finish that was downright unappealing IMO. Would not recommend.

So yesterday's whiskey was Johnnie Walker Gold. It's quite good, but for the money there are a number of other things I would buy instead.

Peeked at today's and it's Wild Turkey Straight Rye.

I was in Aruba last week and the nicer bars all had Johniie Walker Double Black. That was new to me. I am just behind the Walker times?

And wfudkn, no peaking!

So far tonight I've had Red Breast 15 and Macallan 18. Pretty good night.

I was in Aruba last week and the nicer bars all had Johniie Walker Double Black. That was new to me. I am just behind the Walker times?

And wfudkn, no peaking!

Double Black was released in the fall of 2011, so it's been out for a little over a year.

I'm going with a Willett 9 year old bourbon tonight.

And wfudkn, I missed when you started but what's the background on this tasting kit you've got?

It's an advent calendar, except instead of chocolate there is a 3oz bottle of whiskey behind every door. Best. Thing. Evar.

So yesterdays Jesus whiskey was Bowmore 15yr Darkest, which was really good. Deep, rich, not overly smokey. I really liked it.

It's an advent calendar, except instead of chocolate there is a 3oz bottle of whiskey behind every door. Best. Thing. Evar.

So yesterdays Jesus whiskey was Bowmore 15yr Darkest, which was really good. Deep, rich, not overly smokey. I really liked it.

Is this a self made thing or where can one procure such an item?

There was a link a few pages back. But it's through Masters of Malt online.

Is this a self made thing or where can one procure such an item?

Here is the link. I'm doing this as well, and I can echo wfudkn's sentiments that it's the best thing ever. Christmas will never be the same. My wife asked me the other day if we could each get our own advent calendar next year so we don't have to share each 3 oz. pour. I chose wisely.

Happy Van Winkle Family Reserve, says my wife the bourbon drinker.

I'm a martini guy myself.

I think I had the best bourbon I've ever had tonight. Parker's Heritage Reserve 27 yr. It was flat out incredible. It was everything I look for in a whiskey. Hot, smooth, deep flavor, full body. Just awesome.

Time to get laughed off the thread. I just got served an Evan Williams Egg Nog at my friends house. It tastes like what you imagine but with even less alcohol.

My grandpa drank Evan Williams exclusively. Had a briefcase that he travelled with specifically to carry his manhattan necessities, including his EW.

Back