Page 271 of 273 FirstFirst ... 171221261266267268269270271272273 LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,420 of 5454

Thread: Good bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by zqglass View Post
    I fucking LOVE Saz Rye.
    It's makes a great old fashioned too.

I'm late to the party on this, but am enjoying the occasional pickle-back at home along with a decent bourbon. But man is the juice by itself expensive; cheaper just to buy a jar of pickles.

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by nomadic View Post
    It's makes a great old fashioned too.
    Yes it does. I have some Fee Brothers Bourbon Barrel Bitters that make that Saz Rye sing in an OF.
    beer and titties

Broderick Hicks
    Quote Originally Posted by DownEastDeac View Post
    I'm late to the party on this, but am enjoying the occasional pickle-back at home along with a decent bourbon. But man is the juice by itself expensive; cheaper just to buy a jar of pickles.
    I have always used Irish Whiskey, specifically Jameson, for picklebacks. I would not use anything better than Jim Beam if I were going to drink it with pickle juice if I'm just being honest. But to each their own, my wife mixes single malt scotch with diet coke and I cringe every time I see her do it.
    beer and titties

If you don't have everything or are not good at making a Manhattan, these babies are pretty good for $5.

Broderick Hicks
    Bought some Early Times BiB just for shits and giggles and it was pretty solid for a 1L bottle at 25 bucks. I heard it may be discontinued soon, so I'll probably shelf it for a while.
    beer and titties

My bourbon club did a virtual tasting with Aaron Chepenik of Smoke Wagon last night - we sampled the regular, the Uncut/Unfiltered and the small batch. Aaron is super charismatic and told us all about the history and current ops of SW. Great story teller. I had never tried the whiskey before and liked it very much. They were all very good and the regular retails around $30 putting it in daily drinker territory. Highly recommend giving their whiskey a try if you haven't had it before.

Quote Originally Posted by leftcoastdeac View Post
    My bourbon club did a virtual tasting with Aaron Chepenik of Smoke Wagon last night - we sampled the regular, the Uncut/Unfiltered and the small batch. Aaron is super charismatic and told us all about the history and current ops of SW. Great story teller. I had never tried the whiskey before and liked it very much. They were all very good and the regular retails around $30 putting it in daily drinker territory. Highly recommend giving their whiskey a try if you haven't had it before.
    They're all MPG right now, right?

Quote Originally Posted by deac_tracy View Post
    They're all MPG right now, right?
    Correct.

Got into some Old Forester 1920 last night and wowwweee...It knocked my dick in the dirt. My buddy didn't tell me it was 115 proof until after I had 3 glasses of it. Creamy is more of a 90 proof kind of bro

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Got into some Old Forester 1920 last night and wowwweee...It knocked my dick in the dirt. My buddy didn't tell me it was 115 proof until after I had 3 glasses of it. Creamy is more of a 90 proof kind of gal
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    Got into some Old Forester 1920 last night and wowwweee...It knocked my dick in the dirt. My buddy didn't tell me it was 115 proof until after I had 3 glasses of it. Creamy is more of a 90 proof kind of bro
    I tried a couple of cask strength rums from Barbados this week that were both >120 proof and they were awesome. I would have never guessed that they proofed out that high based on how smooth they were.

cookout = blabbermouth?
    Yeah, I've got a number of bottles that are over 120pf and there are definitely some that are scary smooth. I have a couple that get close to 140pf and you can defs tell you are drinking something naughty. But I also have an absinthe that is around 160pf and it's smooth as silk (perfect for a sazerac). I've also had 80pf spirits that drink like fire from a dragon's ass. So there is definitely something in the crafting aspect to any spirit regardless of the proof.

What is the market for Blantonís right now?

My wife went to our local spot and the owner said he was selling them for $120 but could let it go for $90. That seems insane.
    Hungry

I wouldn't pay $90 for Blanton's. ETL, yes. Blanton's, no.

Blanton's is by far the most overrated bourbon. Don't think there'd be nearly as much hype if it didn't come in that fancy bottle

I wouldn't pay more than $50-$60 for anything 100 proof or under. If you can't get Blanton's go with Eagle Rare for $35 or pay up a few bucks for a John J Bowman at $50. Better yet get both for $80-90.

Or try and Old Forester 1910 -essentially same proof as Blanton's and more interesting of a pour.

MSRP for Blanton's is $60. Paying more than that doesn't make sense imo.

Definitely did not buy it. My wife was there picking up my Easter basket bourbon.

Henry McKenna 10 Year BIB.
    Hungry

Doing another Ragged Branch barrel pick if anyone is interested. Actually 3. Another double oaked wheated bourbon at barrel proof, their Signature BiB and their Rye BiB.

You can email us at rickhouseramblings@gmail.com for more info or check out our blog. https://rickhouseramblings.com/2021/...el-pick-2-3-4/

Wonder what Bears and Deacs had last night? And then into the morning?