• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

Trump would gain so much respect from me (which I realize means nothing), if he invited the four main organizers of the march to the White House for a conversation. That would be a true attempt at "unification."

The PC crowd can be humorless and sanctimonious, especially when it suits their agenda.

the problem with this is that is relatively innocuous, but that is exactly what makes for pervasive sexism. "haha, this is funny because MY girlfriend doesn't actually do this!!" ...but it's funny/relevant because there have been and are women still in this situation. Along with that, imagine being a girl and wanting to go outside and play with the whole pack of kids/boys outside, then having one of them go "no way, no girls allowed... how about you go in the kitchen and make us a pie!!!" all the boys laugh because they're 12 and dumb, but at the end of the day, the girl is excluded and it was with the message of "you belong inside and in the kitchen." THIS is how little girls grow up thinking they fit in the world.

If you think I'm joking or that I'm overstating the issue, you're just proving exactly why men should not be the sole voices for making decisions on WOMEN'S rights.

Thanks for the well thought out post. I agree with you and feel there's a lot of validity to what you're saying. I would never want any of the girls/women in my family to feel inferior or out of place.

In regards to your last comment, I would say I feel the exact opposite. I hope this isn't misconstrued as sexist, so my bad if it is, but I'd say your opinion on my tongue and cheek comment reigns supreme over any of the internet warriors who commented.

Last edited:
Thanks for the well thought out post. I agree with you and feel there's a lot of validity to what you're saying. I would never want any of the girls/women in my family to feel inferior or out of place.

In regards to your last comment, I would say I feel the exact opposite. I hope this isn't misconstrued as sexist, so my bad if it is, but I'd say you're opinion on my tongue and cheek comment reigns supreme over any of the internet warriors who commented.

...I'm a woman.

Maybe I'm confused by what you meant there, but you're basically saying that you needed a woman explaining the real issue of it to give the opposing view any merit. Otherwise, all you're doing is putting down the men trying to explain the same thing by calling them the PC police (not you specifically, but in general this is what happens). The world NEEDS more men standing up and saying it's not ok, and if you're uncomfortable with that or think the world is getting to soft and PC, maybe you should re-check yourself and see your own comments through the lens of the person they target.

Last edited:
Why don't you go curl up under phans giant E-balls and stop pretending like I created a narrative I didn't. I didn't bring up slavery. once.

I made a tongue and cheek comment that I thought would send you snowflakes into a frenzy and I was rewarded with being right.

I didn't say you brought it up. I was bringing up the fact that there was disgust by a couple posters about the mere suggestion that your joke about women was somehow on par with slavery.

Last edited:
You have to be seriously stupid to post something like that on public social media

...I'm a woman.

Right. Which is why I value your opinion over phans for example.

you said "If you think I'm joking or that I'm overstating the issue, you're just proving exactly why men should not be the sole voices for making decisions on WOMEN'S rights."

And my response is I feel the exact opposite. As in men should NOT be the sole voices for women's rights.

Right. Which is why I value your opinion over phans for example.

you said "If you think I'm joking or that I'm overstating the issue, you're just proving exactly why men should not be the sole voices for making decisions on WOMEN'S rights."

And my response is I feel the exact opposite. As in men should NOT be the sole voices for women's rights.

ok, I think we're saying the same thing. Re-read my statement.

YOU GUYS, LOOK! WE JUST RECONCILED SOMETHING IN THE TUNNELS!

Where's that old meme about changing "being PC" to "treating people with respect"? Always seemed to prove a good point to me.

Back