• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

Dude, if I were single I'd be all over that march !

200_s.gif

Empathy will always serve better than sympathy.

ETA: I'm farthest from a hero that you'll find. However, I recognize that when someone says they are going through a difficult time, the best course of action isn't to minimize what they're going through.

You probably just wanna feel justified in shunning your parents over stupid fucking politics.

You probably just wanna feel justified in shunning your parents over stupid fucking politics.

No justification in it. Our inability to reconcile ourselves is on all of us. It's terrible. It's intolerant. And I feel sick over it sometimes.

When politics impacts how I live my life each day, how I'm perceived by others, and what rights are granted to me, politics matters.

ETA: If you're trying to make me feel worse about it, no need.

Mom, sister, and GF are going. Seems like it's going to be pretty big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No justification in it. Our inability to reconcile ourselves is on all of us. It's terrible. It's intolerant. And I feel sick over it sometimes.

When politics impacts how I live my life each day, how I'm perceived by others, and what rights are granted to me, politics matters.

Nah, definitely don't want to make you feel worse about it. Just wish you could reach out to them and try to work things out. But I know that isn't always possible. Just think dialogue is important. No one is all bad or all good.

Wife is going. Between Wake on Sat, Spurs vs Cavs, and the conference championships, it's not a bad time for a guy's weekend.

Don't let Bob get to you. He exists just to flame. He is to posting what Trump is to tweeting.

I have a similar family dynamic going on. My sisters and their husbands are mostly pretty right wing, but we can have civilized discussions about politics and other hot button issues. But my parents are in their 70s now, and my dad watches Fox 24/7 and has become more difficult than ever. So I just try to avoid him as much as I can and not respond to his provocations when he's around. I'd probably be more bothered as you appear to be, but he never sought out much of a relationship with me, my sisters or the grandkids, so it's just easier to avoid him as much as possible.

Wife is going. Between Wake on Sat, Spurs vs Cavs, and the conference championships, it's not a bad time for a guy's weekend.

Oh God, I didn't know Cavs v. Spurs this weekend. Awesome.

Apparently, you cannot buy pink yarn anywhere within 50 miles of Manhattan right now due to the demand for pro-Planned Parenthood beanies.

Go Ladies. Make America proud again.

Odds Trump tweets about the increased revenue brought to DC by all these ladies marching?

Bus permits issued, trumps Inauguration Day, 200. Woman's Rally the next day 1,200. That's in comparison to Obamas inauguration at 3,000 permits issued.

My parents became liberals during the last decade or so, though they both came from conservative families. My sister is an odd case, like an alt-right liberal, actually very similar to BSF, but less educated. I avoided talking about politics when I visited her Thanksgiving and gave her a Trump coloring book as an olive branch.

My parents became liberals during the last decade or so, though they both came from conservative families. My sister is an odd case, like an alt-right liberal, actually very similar to BSF, but less educated. I avoided talking about politics when I visited her Thanksgiving and gave her a Trump coloring book as an olive branch.

I'm not alt-right, tend to be pretty liberal, just not doctrinaire about it. But that was nice of you to try and make peace with your sister.

Debating participating in Portland.

What's an alt right liberal? A lefty fascist?

What's an alt right liberal? A lefty fascist?
She receives government assistance, but thinks her taxes are too high, she has muslim and latino friends but is xenophobic, wants a religious test and border wall, but she supports same sex marriage. She complains about wealth inequality, but opposes organized labor and raising the minimum wage.

She is the conservative country rube that liberals mock for voting against their own interest, and she is the welfare queen that conservatives mock for having multiple children with no education and living on welfare. She loves Trump for all the reasons that we hate Trump.

Did you call your sister a less educated version of BSF? Does not compute

Back