• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who has a Wife or Daughter going to the Woman's March on Washington?

jaybone

Reaction score
Wife going from NY. Will dwarf the inauguration march.

Little worried for her. Stay in the pack, I am telling her.

I think my sister might go. I think my mom might go to the Inauguration, but I haven't really talked to her since November.

Sister is going

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Had flights booked with another couple from wake but had to back out. She is participating in Boston now.

It means exactly what you think it means, and it sure is. Phone works both ways though, so what are you gonna do?

Act like an adult and not be childish like your parents? Be the bigger man? Forgive and understand they're still your parents. Remember that love trumps hate.

It means exactly what you think it means, and it sure is. Phone works both ways though, so what are you gonna do?

Yeah, I get that, it just sucks to hear that. This ain't that big a deal.

Yeah, I get that, it just sucks to hear that. This ain't that big a deal.

You're probably not in a position to say what is or isn't a big deal with anyone's family but your own. It's like telling someone with depression to "just get over it." You don't know what has lead to this or happened since.

Meh. Haven't really noticed too much different in my life without the weekly phone arguments. My folks never really prioritized spending time with family when it wasn't convenient for them anyway. I imagine that probably changes if/when my wife and I finally have kids, but at that point, I will want to intentionally keep a little more distance. I have no interest in raising my children with those sorts of values.

Sorry man. I was able to dodge a lot of the political conversation with my dad and stepmom over the holidays. When I talked to my dad over Christmas, he mentioned how people were allowed to say Merry Christmas again now that Trump was going to be president, like people were getting arrested for doing it at some point. Took everything I had to not take the bait.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

You're probably not in a position to say what is or isn't a big deal with anyone's family but your own. It's like telling someone with depression to "just get over it." You don't know what has lead to this or happened since.

Everyone leads different lives, it doesn't mean the things you try and practice would not be helpful for others. For example, forgiveness. Don't let a stupid election weaken the bond between a child and their parents.

I'll keep my sympathies to myself in the future. Thanks, hero. Thank God you were here to save the day.

Meh. Haven't really noticed too much different in my life without the weekly phone arguments. My folks never really prioritized spending time with family when it wasn't convenient for them anyway. I imagine that probably changes if/when my wife and I finally have kids, but at that point, I will want to intentionally keep a little more distance. I have no interest in raising my children with those sorts of values.

Well, that sucks. But if it's really that toxic and making you miserable I can see where you're coming from. Just remember it might not be entirely on them. To deny them time with their grandchild seems especially cruel.

Well, that sucks. But if it's really that toxic and making you miserable I can see where you're coming from. Just remember it might not be entirely on them. To deny them time with their grandchild seems especially cruel.

Not everyone who voted for Trump is a racist, but my folks seem to be. Not interested in having that influence around my children, should I be so fortunate as to have them.

I'll keep my sympathies to myself in the future. Thanks, hero. Thank God you were here to save the day.

Empathy will always serve better than sympathy.

ETA: I'm farthest from a hero that you'll find. However, I recognize that when someone says they are going through a difficult time, the best course of action isn't to minimize what they're going through.

Last edited:
Back