• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

I'll leave it to the DSA and Bernie Bros to throw their vote away when they don't get 100% of what they want.

What will you, UNC shill on a Wake board , do? Will you pull the lever for Trump? Or, will you suck it up and vote for whatever candidate Dems nominate?

which policies specifically. AOC is really the only one (and some are supported by Cruz)...what are the others proposing?

I suspect they didn't give themselves the name - it would surprise me if they did. Personally, I'm fine with some of their progressive policies (they're not the only ones proposing said policies within the party); some principled policy-making, for a change, could go a long way for democrats. But I think democrats aggressively cannibalizing themselves will not be helpful.

I'll leave it to the DSA and Bernie Bros to throw their vote away when they don't get 100% of what they want.

amazing how many people repeat this lie without any evidence. Does this count as "aggressively cannibalizing?"

amazing how many people repeat this lie without any evidence. Does this count as "aggressively cannibalizing?"

I mean I’ve posted the CCES data that shows how many Bernie voters went for Trump in the swing states like four times and not one Bernie supporter on this board has responded to it, so don’t give me the “no evidence” crap

Most Republicans may be ignoring or even excusing Trump's tweets, but noted white supremacists certainly are paying attention. Andrew Anglin, a neo-Nazi and publisher of the Daily Stormer website, posted yesterday that “President Trump’s Twitter account has been pure fire lately. This might be the funniest thing he’s ever tweeted. This is the kind of WHITE NATIONALISM we elected him for. And we’re obviously seeing it only because there’s another election coming up. But I’ll tell you, even knowing that, it still feels so good."

"Anglin also emphasized the political implications of Mr. Trump telling people of color to “go back” to their countries: “This is what elected Trump and this is what will always be the best way for him to gain support,” and he underscored the importance of these comments being directed at U.S. citizens, particularly Rep. Pressley, who was born in Cincinnati: “So this is not some half-assed anti-immigrant white nationalism. Trump is literally telling American blacks to go back to Africa.”

I wonder if guys like Anglin are the people Trump was talking about yesterday when he told a reporter that many people supported his tweets. He certainly does seem to cater to them and their views a great deal. Aren't Republicans so proud of their POTUS?

I mean I’ve posted the CCES data that shows how many Bernie voters went for Trump in the swing states like four times and not one Bernie supporter on this board has responded to it, so don’t give me the “no evidence” crap

I responded to it. It doesn't show what you think it shows unless you think all Bernie voters=DSA types and Bernie Bros.

The CEO of the Anti-Defamation League has come out supporting The Squad and opposing Trump's racism. I guess the head of the largest Jewish group in America doesn't think like Trump.

Obviously that person is an antisemite!

I responded to it. It doesn't show what you think it shows unless you think all Bernie voters=DSA types and Bernie Bros.

Well obviously it’s not breaking down each individual voter and asking whether they are a card carrying DSA member, but those are Bernie voters, therefore Bernie supporters. Because it was a 2 horse race for the Dem nomination, I feel like that conclusion is logical. Call them Bernie Bros, call them supporters, whatever. The nomenclature is irrelevant.

And I’m not even blaming them for causing Trump to be elected any more than that their votes helped him do it. There were obviously a multitude of factors that ended up causing the Trump presidency. But the total absolution of fault that you seek is not there either.

I suspect they didn't give themselves the name - it would surprise me if they did. Personally, I'm fine with some of their progressive policies (they're not the only ones proposing said policies within the party); some principled policy-making, for a change, could go a long way for democrats. But I think democrats aggressively cannibalizing themselves will not be helpful.

AOC mentioned it in an Instagram picture of the four of them last year.

AOC mentioned it in an Instagram picture of the four of them last year.

FWIW for you older cats, “squad” is basically a ubiquitous term nowadays to refer to any group of friends. Without seeing the IG post, I can’t be certain, but it’s highly likely in my eyes that AOC using “squad” or “the squad” was not meant as a moniker but rather a general millennial comment.

FWIW for you older cats, “squad” is basically a ubiquitous term nowadays to refer to any group of friends. Without seeing the IG post, I can’t be certain, but it’s highly likely in my eyes that AOC using “squad” or “the squad” was not meant as a moniker but rather a general millennial comment.

#squadgoals is pretty ubiquitous on the internets.

Yeah, the whole set up is a sham, unfortunately. Founders shat the bed.

Given that Hillary won the national popular vote by two percent and still lost the EC (albeit by only a few thousand votes in three states), I've read articles that the Democratic candidate next year will probably need to win the national popular vote by at least four percent to win a clear EC majority. Which is a ridiculous thing to have to say in "the world's greatest democracy", but here we are. It's even more ridiculous that in the House the Democrats won the national popular vote by nine percent last year but due to extreme gerrymandering gained about half the number of seats they would have won in fairer districting, and in some states last year the Democrats won clear majorities of five percent or more in statewide voting for the state legislature yet still failed to win control. The GOP is perfectly OK with all this, though, even though the vote totals clearly disprove that a majority (or even plurality) of Americans support their party or their positions. Just win, baby!

Back