• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

According to the crystal balls, Vandy is in the lead by a lot, but now eliminated UVA was second. NCState must have made a good pitch to go from nowhere to top 3.

According to the crystal balls, Vandy is in the lead by a lot, but now eliminated UVA was second. NCState must have made a good pitch to go from nowhere to top 3.

It would suck to lose a recruit to Vanderbilt. The last time they had a winning season was 7 years ago. The last guy that spurned us for them was Jaylen Mahoney, who is their top returning CB next year. Would be nice to have him on our depth chart next season, but of course he wanted to study engineering. No idea if he is actually majoring in engineering at Vandy. Wake Forest does have its own engineering program now. IN YOUR FACE VANDERBILT ENGINEERS!

"University of Vanderbilt"

They're gonna set him up with a job afterward.

Have fun winning 3 games a year.

Bizarre. He will get to play early, I would think, but he would have at State too. Did he attend a home Vandy game??

Patrick Osterhage's family is paying it forward, in the creation of a football scholarship in Patrick's name. It is for future offensive linemen. That's a really big "thank you" to Wake. Might help recruit a lineman in the future.

Read the details in the Deacon Sports Xtra.

Patrick Osterhage's family is paying it forward, in the creation of a football scholarship in Patrick's name. It is for future offensive linemen. That's a really big "thank you" to Wake. Might help recruit a lineman in the future.

Read the details in the Deacon Sports Xtra.

What a great story and a great thing to do.
Parents of recruits should read this.

What a great story and a great thing to do.
Parents of recruits should read this.

I'm not sure how the finances work exactly, but my best guess is that Patrick's family contributed around $3 million to the Wake athletic endowment. That is a pretty big vote for Wake athletics.

Back