• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

With each passing year under Clawson, we have been more physically competitive on both sides of the ball, and the improvement along the offensive line has been stellar. Whatever and however he is doing it, I’m totally on board.

And fair or not, I’m totally expecting Sam Hartman to become this generation’s Joe Montana...

With each passing year under Clawson, we have been more physically competitive on both sides of the ball, and the improvement along the offensive line has been stellar. Whatever and however he is doing it, I’m totally on board.

And fair or not, I’m totally expecting Sam Hartman to become this generation’s Joe Montana...

I don't know why, but I expect him to start as a r-fr. I think he will just be THAT good.

Recruiting is a lot about who offers and how many fans of certain schools subscribe to services...The Cheaters have a higher ranked class every year but who here would trade teams with them today...

I love DC and hope he wins every game, but some of the hot takes on this thread are amazing.

- DC is a helluva coach and will win a certain number of games, based many different factors - a critical one being how well the program has recruited over the last 4 to 5 years.

- If DC gets better recruits over the long-term, he will win more games.

- Our recent recruiting rankings have fallen off - (someone noted the decline earlier in the thread and having 6 of 15 recruits with no other P5 offers is not good)

- While recruiting rankings are not perfect indicators of how well a recruit will play, a drop in recruiting class rankings or more recruits without other P5 offers is certainly a reason to be concerned.

Hopefully, DC can continue developing players and winning games on the field. If he does that, the higher rated recruits will follow.

I think this is what happened here. Should start some sort of Wake Anonomus type group to deal with our issues.

Big Mike Edwards received the lone N.C. Team accolade on day one (from the official Shrine fb Page)

The only guy thus far who has been able to block AA DT Rick Sandidge.

Edwards is clearly one of the top 7-8 players in North Carolina but when you commit early to Wake...

4 Star player with 5 Star potential — 6’6.5 and 345

Big Mike Edwards received the lone N.C. Team accolade on day one (from the official Shrine fb Page)

The only guy thus far who has been able to block AA DT Rick Sandidge.

Edwards is clearly one of the top 7-8 players in North Carolina but when you commit early to Wake...

4 Star player with 5 Star potential — 6’6.5 and 345

I sneak over here on occasion and it’s good to see that the level of ignorance with regards to recruiting is not as profound as it used to be. You lads have grown up a little bit.

Well, you can’t really call coaching you lads up a bit - Work - now can we?

More akin to charity

But honestly, I have enjoyed lurking and will continue.. but many good points made on this recent tack on this thread.

I tend toward Ph’s results driven take and think that is clearly most important.. yet I also feel Wake fans (you guys) deserve to be pumped up about the guys on the big board. For instance it is easy to forget that D Gordon was rated a 4 Star when he committed. The only thing that has changed is his status - not his capacity as a ball player - and only since committing to Wake

So you guys should be really enthused to have 2 OT’s with this size and skill - 6’6 & 290 are Gordon’s current measurables

But honestly, I have enjoyed lurking and will continue.. but many good points made on this recent tack on this thread.

I tend toward Ph’s results driven take and think that is clearly most important.. yet I also feel Wake fans (you guys) deserve to be pumped up about the guys on the big board. For instance it is easy to forget that D Gordon was rated a 4 Star when he committed. The only thing that has changed is his status - not his capacity as a ball player - and only since committing to Wake

So you guys should be really enthused to have 2 OT’s with this size and skill - 6’6 & 290 are Gordon’s current measurables

Yo Lec.....welcome back.

Give us some analysis of our current class.

Hey there Dekin..

I am very enthused with Clawson’s efforts and I will back his and his staffs evaluations - I mean you take a guy like Essang Bassey and there you are looking at a 2-3 Star guy who is going to be a 1rst or 2nd team ACC guy and a likely AA candidate at some point.

Whatever Clawson’s methodology it is certainly beginning to look as if he and the guy at Iowa State (for 2 examples) are more trend-setters as opposed to followers in recruiting circles. The Wake staff is clearly a skilled bunch of talent evaluators and they don’t offer guys who can’t play at this level. They are not inserting bodies into slots.

Prime example of this ^ Fact is Spencer Clapp - he isn’t a 240 pound part time footballer/hoopster/baseball player but is a 285-290 pound young kid who is rapidly filling out and will be a force in time — much in the same vein that Clawson saw Phil Haynes some 3-4 years ago..

—Just some random musings

Back