• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

A little History for those collected here

macktheknife

Reaction score
Hear this. 19 or 20 years ago people still on this forum gathered in a chat room called Rancho de Nada. It was a Wake Sports forum. It led to this forum. When we started some people on this forum were not born yet. Those that remember please tell it. When I see the personal attacks on some of those assembled it's wrong. I have met many of these people from Donald Ross to PhD along the way. They are great guys. Please stop the shit here against your brothers and sisters. Or fuck off.

The genesis was actually the old AOL sports boards pre rancho.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Remember DeacMan? Who was the guy who seemed to have all the scoop on the Loren Woods fight in practice? And what about Tibor?

The genesis was actually the old AOL sports boards pre rancho.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Yep. I remember rj, Coach O and RRR (from TOS, known then as Rick The Deac) fro the AOL board

Remember DeacMan? Who was the guy who seemed to have all the scoop on the Loren Woods fight in practice? And what about Tibor?

The best was when Tibor started posting on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer boards. Maybe it was because of Blucas or something.

I remember I used to get into it with John Edwards wife (RIP) who was a huge Carolina fan on the old AOL boards. Remember DarrHeel?

I miss the good interactions we used to have with Pack, Heel, and Terp fans that we've lost since we've become larger and more isolated. I don't miss the trolls.

There can't be more than 5 active posters 19 & under.

Yep. I remember rj, Coach O and RRR (from TOS, known then as Rick The Deac) fro the AOL board

Ah the good old days of the AOL board. I remember when all 20 (I have no idea how many really) of us were waiting for TD to announce if he was coming back.

Even earlier, I remember us all congregating after Rodney announced he was going pro.

fire up the acoustic guitar...

(to the tune of Sugar Mountain)

Oh, to live on Caldwellman mountain
In the sixth year of a brilliant 4 year plan
Go two and twenty on Caldwellman mountain
That's good enough you won't be leaving there too soon
Not leaving there too soon

It's so noisy at Dixie Fair
'Cause all our fans are there
And George Welsh is not too pleased
Flinging boogers at empty seats

Oh to live on Caldwellman mountain
Two sets of rules, one for CJ, and all else
Go two and twenty on Caldwellman mountain
That's good enough you won't be leaving there too soon
Not leaving there two soon

Here are some board names from an AOL ListServ from March 18, 1997 - damn near 20 years for those who don't feel like counting:

newsome, ars7, cl68, coachO, deachead1, jojesma, mandars, ritawc, suzrichard, swatd, swimsouth, timyanks1, wak4est, warrenbat, wfu71, dhs, jheydt, davehall, lambert, brownah5

And some others from about that time period ... deacdeke, exiled deac, hoops, deacindc, dekalbdeac, rjkarl, deac83, deacfan, potomacdeac, dan87, katau, reef, vermontdeac, 94deac, graduateddeac, rcbc, bleeding b&g, illinois deac, scooter, wfunme, newberndeac, mtdeac, chrispy, deacfreke, dcon, deacindurham, deacinga, deacondeaton, demondeke, dieharddeac, dillon fence, dkin, garycagle, goldberg, indy, massdeacon, oldestdeac, playasgottaplay, raleighdeac, rcbc, ronzo, safroom, tripledeacon, turftoega, wake forest gump, wayward son, wfunme.

Back