• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Where is Tommy Elrod now?

1976Deac

Reaction score
Coach Clawson seems to be succeeding despite him, but I always want to know where the snakes are.

hqdefault.jpg

[Redacted] always landed on his feet, so why not TE?
One was just not the right guy for the job he was given and paid millions to do. He might well be good at a different job. The other was vindictive toward his alma mater where he was employed.

One was just not the right guy for the job he was given and paid millions to do. He might well be good at a different job. The other was vindictive toward his alma mater where he was employed.

Yep, huge difference.

Hopefully someone knocks his ass out daily

I'll never forget talking to Elrod's mom and dad during the lightning delay @ OleMiss back in 2006. They felt like his coaching career was just taking off. :rimshot:

Going to be tough when you can't use your entire work career as a reference. Or he could try ...."nice guy, good family. He lied to us, stole from us, cheated us, mis represented himself, pattern of deceit, sabotaged his chain of command without apology."

If I was a betting man, I assume he is in his basement or spare bedroom, writing his autobiography. The only way he can help feed his family at this point is to sell his story. The fact that he hasn't said A THING to any journalist would confirm that for me. I expect the book release either at the beginning of the season or the end of the season, depending on how quickly Elrod inked his deal and found a ghost writer.

He's going to write about how Clawson just absolutely humiliated him in front of [________]. He will then say that despite how absolutely horrific Clawson treated him, in no way does that excuse him for what he did (though that is what he will be essentially implying). Despite promises to his publisher, he will reveal no new teams or staffs he gave gameplans to and want us to think that the three school implicated were the extent of his cheating.

Clawson will then be stuck in Round 2 of interviews denying treating Elrod badly. The only positive is that Petrino will be left having to answer a lot more questions because Elrod absolutely will throw his three known contacts far under the bus. Possible Galloway loses his job this time. The fix was more than in. Would love to get an investigator to investigate all of Petrino and Galloway's circle of family and friends and determine who bet the house on Louisville.

Elrod will then take a job in Japan or China teaching quarterbacks. Fuck him.

Last edited:
It's pretty tough when you get laid off and get two easy jobs to replace the old job with. At the same place.

I think people are really overestimating how big a deal this is to people who aren't Wake fans. Even though this made news, nobody really knows or cares who Elrod is.

He's not going to get a job in football or broadcasting but there are plenty of jobs he could get.

If I was a betting man, I assume he is in his basement or spare bedroom, writing his autobiography. The only way he can help feed his family at this point is to sell his story. The fact that he hasn't said A THING to any journalist would confirm that for me. I expect the book release either at the beginning of the season or the end of the season, depending on how quickly Elrod inked his deal and found a ghost writer.

He's going to write about how Clawson just absolutely humiliated him in front of [________]. He will then say that despite how absolutely horrific Clawson treated him, in no way does that excuse him for what he did (though that is what he will be essentially implying). Despite promises to his publisher, he will reveal no new teams or staffs he gave gameplans to and want us to think that the three school implicated were the extent of his cheating.

Clawson will then be stuck in Round 2 of interviews denying treating Elrod badly. The only positive is that Petrino will be left having to answer a lot more questions because Elrod absolutely will throw his three known contacts far under the bus. Possible Galloway loses his job this time. The fix was more than in. Would love to get an investigator to investigate all of Petrino and Galloway's circle of family and friends and determine who bet the house on Louisville.

Elrod will then take a job in Japan or China teaching quarterbacks. Fuck him.

Sadly, this is pretty plausible.

Agree that Elrod will find work somewhere. If Dave Bliss could get hired after Baylor, so can Elrod.

He's still in Winston, grew a full beard to change his appearance. Still coaches his son's teams and goes to Old Town Club. He doesn't seem to have a job, but his wife has a good job.

I could see a book, but I bet it's a religious redemption story.

I think people are really overestimating how big a deal this is to people who aren't Wake fans. Even though this made news, nobody really knows or cares who Elrod is.

He's not going to get a job in football or broadcasting but there are plenty of jobs he could get.

I mean, I guess he technically could get a job but I can't imagine anyone hiring him for any sort of professional type position, at least not until he has a pretty long redemption story. He was treasonous to his employer after being handed some pretty cushy gigs that were in no way owed to him. Beyond football and broadcasting, that's a pretty shitty character trait that no company is going to want to take on. Especially because I get the feeling his value on the asset management side was relationship building. It's not like he's some kind of whiz that you can stash in a back office that you don't care how well they play with others. Fuck him, I hope he never finds another job.

I mean, I guess he technically could get a job but I can't imagine anyone hiring him for any sort of professional type position, at least not until he has a pretty long redemption story. He was treasonous to his employer after being handed some pretty cushy gigs that were in no way owed to him. Beyond football and broadcasting, that's a pretty shitty character trait that no company is going to want to take on. Especially because I get the feeling his value on the asset management side was relationship building. It's not like he's some kind of whiz that you can stash in a back office that you don't care how well they play with others. Fuck him, I hope he never finds another job.

I'm telling, Jesus is gonna sort all this out. He'll be on the FCA circuit in a few years.

The problem is that once you are in your 30s and 40s, all career opportunities build on the experience you have gained through your past work. Agree that he is done in football and broadcasting. So, Elrod is left with an entry level job in a crappy field of work that will take any candidate they can get or he is going to drive for Uber, but at best, his professional life is going to be awful and mind-numbing. He had two cushy jobs connected to football and Wake Forest and pissed them away. Every day sucks for him, and I am glad.

Would be curious to know how and if WF and ISP resolved the situation with Elrod. Did they reach a settlement where WF agreed to not pursue litigation (WF had claims against Elrod that a minimum could've bankrupted him just through the legal fees that he would've incurred to defend himself as Elrod stole WF trade secrets with malicious intent) against Elrod in return for Elrod never speaking publically about what happened? Confident that there must have been some negotiations between the school and Elrod to tie this up.

Last edited:
Back