• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump To End DACA

Of all the shite Trump has done, this makes me just plain sad. I know Obama doesn't want to take Trump on on any sort of regular basis. But here's an issue where I think he can and maybe do so in a bipartisan way by engaging W to help. W was good on immigration issues, and their whole family despises Trump. Maybe if Obama and W lobbied hard enough, they could find enough Dems and moderate Pubs to pass something. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

Of all the shite Trump has done, this makes me just plain sad. I know Obama doesn't want to take Trump on on any sort of regular basis. But here's an issue where I think he can and maybe do so in a bipartisan way by engaging W to help. W was good on immigration issues, and their whole family despises Trump. Maybe if Obama and W lobbied hard enough, they could find enough Dems and moderate Pubs to pass something. I don't know. Just thinking out loud.

That's a good idea. An Obama/W coalition on immigration issues would be bold and enlightening.

Seems very reasonable.

A politician just said don't worry, government will handle this, and the board libertarian said, "Seems very reasonable.'

A politician just said don't worry, government will handle this, and the board libertarian said, "Seems very reasonable.'

You so funny. There is no disagreement between being Libertarian and being for the government making a pathway for "dreamers" to be able to stay in the country legally. A good number of Libertarians favor something pretty close to open borders.

Why Does Trump Always Shoot The Hostages?

Now, if Trump kills DACA to please his base he’ll be getting the worst of both political worlds. He’ll inflict real pain on hundreds of thousands of people to reassure his 30-some percent that he’s with them. And politically speaking, he’ll have given up a bargaining chip for nothing, and spent away a bit more of his political capital. That's not strategy, it's a panicked move in a corner.

The power politics of this move would be hard to fathom. DACA recipients, their allies, and Americans who see their sympathetic stories across media will blame Trump for their suffering. (Trump will blame Congress.) If Congress manages to restore their status, it will be a deal made on Capitol Hill, with the president a sulking bystander. Power in Washington accumulates when you’re relevant; it slips away when you’re on the sideline.

I'm back to thinking Trump is still just setting up for a TV show. Well, now it may be an entire channel.

ICE detains Lancaster man whose DACA protection lapsed after Post Office mixup

Osman Aroche Enriquez and his fiancee were looking forward to celebrating their son’s first birthday Saturday.

Aroche Enriquez, 27, is a graduate of Lampeter-Strasburg High School and works as a stonemason. A native of Guatemala, he has been protected from deportation under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, or DACA, which covers immigrants brought to the U.S. as children without legal authorization.

But his protected status expired when delays at the U.S. Post Office caused his DACA renewal application, and those of thousands of other applicants, to miss a tight deadline imposed when President Trump’s administration rescinded the DACA program in September.

Following a media outcry, the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services office said it will notify applicants whose paperwork was delayed and allow them to reapply.

But on Monday, a state police officer pulled Aroche Enriquez over as he was driving to work.

He was handed over to Immigrations and Customs Enforcement. As of Wednesday he remained in ICE custody at the York County Prison.

5a31ed8feef3f.image.jpg

Trump would agree with anything you say to him if nobody else was around, it really is amazing.

Oh good drunk deranged moonz is back to try and make himself feel good.

Back