• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Junebug’s whole defense relies on the idea that Trump’s son, son in law, and campaign manager didn’t mention this meeting to Trump and when Trump mentioned Russians getting Hillary’s emails he wasn’t talking about that meeting at all.

Junebug’s whole defense relies on the idea that Trump’s son, son in law, and campaign manager didn’t mention this meeting to Trump and when Trump mentioned Russians getting Hillary’s emails he wasn’t talking about that meeting at all.

Yep and then there’s the issue of Trump Jr’s call to a blocked number prior to the meeting. Many suspect he was talking to his dad but no one knows for sure.

Thanks to the Senate Judiciary Committee’s questioning, though, we now have a much better sense of whether the calls happened. Here’s a timeline, sussed out by committee interrogators.

June 3, 10:53 a.m.: Trump Jr. emails Goldstone. “I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. … Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?”
June 3, 11:09 a.m.: Goldstone emails Agalarov. “He wants to speak personally on the issue with you early next week.”
June 3, 11:26 a.m.: Agalarov emails Goldstone. “Great.”
June 6, 8:44 a.m.: Agalarov emails Goldstone. “Trumps son call. Any news?”
June 6, 8:51 a.m.: Goldstone emails Agalarov. “Not yet but he said when he returns to NYC which for sure is after tomorrow as it’s the Super Tuesday final elections tomorrow in California where trump will be “crowned” the official nominee[.] Most likely he will return Wednesday and I will set up call “
June 6, 9:00 a.m.: Agalarov emails Goldstone. “Ok”
June 6, 12:40 a.m.: Goldstone emails Trump Jr. “Let me know when you are free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary Info — you had mentioned early this week so wanted to try to schedule a time and day”
June 6, 3:03 p.m.: Trump Jr. emails Goldstone. “Rob could we speak now?”
June 6, 3:37 p.m.: Goldstone emails Trump Jr. “Let me track him down in Moscow[.] What number he could call? “
June 6, 3:38 p.m.: Trump Jr. emails Goldstone. “My cell” (the number is redacted)
June 6, 3:43 p.m.: Goldstone contacts Agalarov’s band manager Pavel Klychko and then emails Trump Jr. “Ok he’s on stage in Moscow but should be off within 20 Minutes so I am sure can call”
June 6, 4:04 p.m.: Agalarov calls Trump Jr. Call logs suggest that the call lasts between 60 seconds and two minutes.

June 6, 4:27 p.m.: Trump Jr. is in contact with a blocked number. It lasts for four minutes. It’s not clear if the call was outgoing or incoming; the testimony suggests that it was incoming but a report from Senate Democrats suggests it was outgoing. (The phone records are redacted in the documents released on Wednesday.)
June 6, 4:31 p.m.: Trump Jr. calls Agalarov. The call lasts for three minutes.
June 6, 4:38 p.m.: Trump Jr. emails Goldstone. “Rob thanks for the help.”
Notice what Trump Jr. doesn’t say in that email at 4:38 p.m.: that he was unable to reach Agalarov. Agalarov calls at 4:04 p.m., and Trump Jr. returns that call at 4:31 p.m. — almost immediately after getting off the phone with someone at a blocked number.

The Senate committee asked about that call.

“Does your father used a blocked number on his cellphone or on any phones that you call him on?” Trump Jr. was asked. He said he didn’t know. In testimony before the committee, former Trump campaign manager Corey Lewandowski testified that Donald Trump’s residence has a blocked phone number. Last month, The Washington Post’s Greg Sargent reported that Senate Republicans declined to subpoena records to identify the other participant on that blocked call.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...asnt-common-knowledge/?utm_term=.59a577fd55c9

It’s not a crime. You can claim it is criminal but that doesn’t make it such

The crime you have allowed yourself to turn away from is that committed by a candidate who actually paid foreign agents to compile a smear job on an opposing candidate. That’s nothing new in Washington, DC. But that you’d persist without the slightest nod to reason or fair play forces a many million of us to view so many D’s with ever growing contempt.

History will record it just this way. You have allowed rage to blind your senses. Nothing Donald Trump has done from the announcement of his campaign is even remotely commensurate with what the Democratic National Committee has done to the bulwarks of Democracy. Democrats didn’t care when Obama had to personally apologize to Angela Merkel for having tapped her phone as well any prominent EU member). Democrats didn’t care about the surveillance state lies of Brennan and Clapper when both men perjured themselves in sworn testimony.

We know Admiral Rogers warned the President he was being tapped. People actually watching knew that the President hadn’t vacated the White House for “repairs” - that place was bugged to the rafters - we knew it..we knew our history..the one you and so many others have conveniently forgotten

your posts aren't technically crimes but they're still incredibly stupid and detrimental to humankind

Isn't "high crimes and misdemeanors" sorta vaguely defined anyway?

Junebug is broken. There’s nothing that’s going to convince him anything here is worse than Bill Clinton getting a blowjob.

your posts aren't technically crimes but they're still incredibly stupid and detrimental to humankind

I’ve tried dumbing it down for you but alas you don’t have the reach. You are not so much dumb as you are persistent in your ignorance. You do deserve an A for effort,however.

By the way, I’m seriously asking here. If there is evidence of this, just show me and I’m happy to cede this point.

Here's the first email:

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2017/07/politics/donald-trump-jr-full-emails/

"Jun 3, 2016, at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government's support for Mr. Trump - helped along by Aras and Emin."

Don. Jr., Manafort, et al, thought they were meeting with a high Russian government official.

Here's a later email:

"On Jun 7, 2016, at 4:20 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting - and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office."

Again, it's confirmed to Don, Jr., that he will be meeting with a Russian government official.

By the way, I’m seriously asking here. If there is evidence of this, just show me and I’m happy to cede this point.

See bottom of email. Subject line is the same so I assume this part was forwarded to Manafort and Kushner. I’ll see if there is a version that shows the entire trail.

its-increasingly-hard-to-believe-that-the-trump-tower-meeting-wasnt-common-knowledge

I’m asking for evidence that Manafort and Kushner knew it was an alleged “Russian official,” not just a “Russian.” I assumed, with as much time as y’all obsess over this, you’d have it at your fingertips.

Note how Junebug is starting to get aggressive about this. It's harder for him to maintain his "objectivity."

And apparently Junebug was so ashamed by that post that he deleted it.

JB: what part of “Russia and it’s government’s support” does not equate to “Russian official”?

I’m not disputing that. I’m not seeing where the email went beyond Jr. I’m on my phone so maybe I’m just not seeing it.

He already pointed that out to you the email went beyond Don Jr. and you disputed that it wasn't meeting with a Russian official. Then he pointed out that it was meeting with a Russian official and now you're disputing if the email went beyond Don Jr.

No, I’m not seeing where Jr forwarded the email to Manafort and Kushner.

This was your response to finding out the email was forward to Kusher and Manafort:

Where does it say “Russian official?” You understand the important difference between “Russian” and “Russian official,” right?

The president can only be impeached for treason, bribery or other high crimes and misdemeanors. On my reading of the relevant statute, the meeting with the Russian lawyer does not satisfy that standard, even if Trump knew about it, nor does any other action Trump took that has been reported publicly. My mind is open, however, to evaluating new evidence.

If, as your post suggests, you want to make it unlawful for a presidential candidate to “coordinate” with a foreign government, that’s another argument. If you do, keep in mind that Obama arguably “coordinated” with foreign governments during his 2008 candidacy, so you’ll need to think through exactly how you word the statute.

As defined by a majority of the house.

If you were a member of the House, would obstruction of justice meet your definition?

Snark is always warranted when responding to RJ, but I don’t have any beef with in NE Deac, and I didn’t want my post to be misinterpreted as directing snark toward him.

Rather than being civil and mature, you act like an ass. This is especially true when you invent things I didn't say to promote your boorish behavior. Like earlier today when you brought up Don, Sr., when I didn't mention him at all. Or when I show you the exact emails proving Don. Jr. was expecting to meet Russian government officials.

Of course, you won't admit you were wrong in either case.

You'll get snarky and childish to avoid taking responsibility.

Back