• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Yeah, let's hold a special election in 2019 and a general election in 2020 !

This. 100% this.

IF Trump was impeached for colluding with Russia, how does the election stand and power get passed to the VP? The whole election is invalid at that point.

Unless Pence comes up in Mueller’s report as engaging in illegal activity, he would be POTUS. If he was part of the conspiracy, we’re in some scary uncharted territory.

Yeah, let's hold a special election in 2019 and a general election in 2020 !

It's a nightmare situation logistically, but how do things just continue as though a legal election took place? Are there even laws in place for that situation?

This. 100% this.

People keep saying this but blatant corruption hasn’t been a problem for Republicans in a long time.

No matter what happens here, when the next Democrat is President Republicans will blow up whatever minor issue into a huge scandal.

It's a nightmare situation logistically, but how do things just continue as though a legal election took place? Are there even laws in place for that situation?

Pretty sure we'd have a lord protector.

Paul Ryan would be the obvious favorite.

But the real question is how far does it go? Was Pence in on this. Paul Ryan aided in the coverup but did he do so unwittingly?

If Ryan goes down then next in line would be Orrin Hatch (at least as of today).

Where it really gets interesting is if Trump and Pence go down after the new Congress is sworn in.

Then say hello to Madame President Pelosi.

Unless Pence comes up in Mueller’s report as engaging in illegal activity, he would be POTUS. If he was part of the conspiracy, we’re in some scary uncharted territory.

It is an interesting conversation but it won’t get to that point. There’s no way Trump gets impeached. The echo chamber guarantees his approval will be at least 70% among Republicans. McConnell won’t stand up to Trump.

The scandal is largely baked into the numbers. Can you imagine sailor or tintin or moonz admitting the Trump administration is corrupt? No.

The GOPs collective heads would explode in that scenario.

“See I told you! It was all one big conspiracy by the deep state Dems to install Nancy Pelosi!!”:willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

The GOPs collective heads would explode in that scenario.

“See I told you! It was all one big conspiracy by the deep state Dems to install Nancy Pelosi!!”:willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly::willynilly:

Now this is correct. Nth dimension chess.

It is an interesting conversation but it won’t get to that point. There’s no way Trump gets impeached. The echo chamber guarantees his approval will be at least 70% among Republicans. McConnell won’t stand up to Trump.

The scandal is largely baked into the numbers. Can you imagine sailor or tintin or moonz admitting the Trump administration is corrupt? No.

I still think chances of impeachment are low but there could be a tipping point where years of public investigations are more painful than just kicking the boob out of office.

I still think chances of impeachment are low but there could be a tipping point where years of public investigations are more painful than just kicking the boob out of office.

I think they won’t kick him out because they are afraid the rube army will abandon them in 2020 for not being loyal.

But the House investigations will be relentless and will bolster Dem support and kill Republican support among independents. The GOP would be in a malaise.

What could actually change things is if a Republican challenges Trump in a primary. Either we will see Republicans abandon Trump or rally around him. Otherwise I think he will have tepid support in 2020 with Republicans secretly hoping he loses.

I think they won’t kick him out because they are afraid the rube army will abandon them in 2020 for not being loyal.

But the House investigations will be relentless and will bolster Dem support and kill Republican support among independents. The GOP would be in a malaise.

What could actually change things is if a Republican challenges Trump in a primary. Either we will see Republicans abandon Trump or rally around him. Otherwise I think he will have tepid support in 2020 with Republicans secretly hoping he loses.

Republicans drink secret toasts to Hillary's health

Back