• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

giphy.gif

You guys seem to think I'm saying he's going to get a ton of Dem votes. That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that he would at best get like 2-3% of Pub votes and around the same % of Dem votes for the people like in 2016 who just go "well I didn't like either candidate, so I'm voting Gary Johnson." And Kasich on top of that has name recognition and actual political experience, which Johnson did not. Add in the fact math exists and there are more Dem voters than Pub voters, if they have the same % of each, then just simple multiplication shows that he'd get more Dem votes than Pub votes.

But irrespective of the actual numbers, the point I was trying to make is that Kasich will no longer appeal to Pubs as evangelicals have made their Trumpy bed and will lay in it as long as abortion becomes illegal, and the rest of the Pubs want to "just win baby" so they will latch on to Trump as well. Meanwhile, a moderate Dem wouldn't vote for Trump, but also likely wouldn't vote for a very progressive Dem candidate (hello "Problem Solvers" Caucus). I am saying that I think those votes go to Kasich (or really whoever decides to run as the third most popular candidate).

I would be beyond shocked if Kasich runs as a third party candidate. He knows he can't win.

The only ways he runs are if Trump doesn't or Trump is so damaged that Kasich can beat him in a primary.

I would be beyond shocked if Kasich runs as a third party candidate. He knows he can't win.

The only ways he runs are if Trump doesn't or Trump is so damaged that Kasich can beat him in a primary.

I agree that it is unlikely. I was just going with the hypothetical that was being argued.

If he runs, he will get almost exclusively Republican votes (I'd say 80-95%). Dems will remember what happened last time and not throw away their votes.

If he runs, he will get almost exclusively Republican votes (I'd say 80-95%). Dems will remember what happened last time and not throw away their votes.

Yes because Democrats are known for learning from past mistakes.

What happens if, next year, Trump is impeached or resigns, and House dems refuse to confirm any of Pence's nominees for VP (a la Garland with the Republicans). Does Pelosi just assume some or all VP duties, such as the tiebreaking senate vote?

VP office remains unfilled and a 50/50 vote in the Senate fails. Though I’d half expect McConnell to say fuck it and change the Senate rules.

Does Ranger ever post anything other than links or cut and paste?

It's not sexual, its about power.

Source: I've watched 1.25 seasons of Orange in the New Black.
Lol, I had this same joke queued up to post an hour ago but decided that if I'm really serious about my campaign for USUAL SUSPECT I'd better get some new jokes

Back