• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Football Coaching Carousel

Why doesn’t Tennessee just hire Jim Bob Cooter? That would be perfect.

Why doesn’t Tennessee just hire Jim Bob Cooter? That would be perfect.

That wouldn't be a bad hire actually. He's one of their own and he has a solid NFL pedigree. They'd be better off going for a young coach than a retread anyway.

That wouldn't be a bad hire actually. He's one of their own and he has a solid NFL pedigree. They'd be better off going for a young coach than a retread anyway.

Yeah, they could do worse and the way it’s going, they probably will.

I really don't get the love for Tee Martin. Sure he's done a good job at Southern Cal, but he's currently less qualified than Derek Dooley was when he took the UT job and Dooley had a losing record as head coach at La Tech.

Has anyone turned down a school more than Cutcliffe with Tennessee? This is what, the third or maybe even fourth time?

Not sure why anyone would want to hire Cutcliffe. Dude is 63 and appears to be on the down side of his coaching career. I think he just wants to hold on at Duke for another year or two and call it a day.

Yeah I think he's perfectly happy at Duke, not a lot of pressure, doesn't have to deal with prima donna recruits, etc. Don't blame him, he's too old and has got a pretty good situation at Duke to go to the UT dumpster fire.

Jimbo is appearing to drag this thing out past our game with LA Monroe as he wants to coach one final game with the team and get them to a bowl but, I think its idiotic for him to be on sidelines with even a whisper of an agreement with TAMU. Quite frankly, he's lost a lot of support with this 4th year of flirting with another job. Especially, off this trainwreck of a season. Again, my first call would be to Taggart. TomahawkNation released their first hot list for replacements and not surprising by the posts on Warchant, Clawson made the list.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/11/28/16702868/fsu-head-coach-hot-board-florida-state-replace-jimbo-fisher

Why not Jon Gruden ?

What would really be awesome is if they hired Schiano.

Jimbo is appearing to drag this thing out past our game with LA Monroe as he wants to coach one final game with the team and get them to a bowl but, I think its idiotic for him to be on sidelines with even a whisper of an agreement with TAMU. Quite frankly, he's lost a lot of support with this 4th year of flirting with another job. Especially, off this trainwreck of a season. Again, my first call would be to Taggart. TomahawkNation released their first hot list for replacements and not surprising by the posts on Warchant, Clawson made the list.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/2017/11/28/16702868/fsu-head-coach-hot-board-florida-state-replace-jimbo-fisher

maxresdefault.jpg

Didn't realize that Mack Brown was an FSU alum.

Jimbo is hosing FSU by waiting until next Sunday; Frost may already be hired by Nebraska, and few other names on that list may be in College Station, Tempe or Knoxville, before FSU has a chance to offer (Matt Campbell just signed a massive extension at Iowa State). Stan Wilcox (the FSU AD) has to be communicating with the agents of some of these candidates and ask them to slow play it before making any decision.

They should either give Fisher a raise or fire him.

May be the first time that anyone has ever said this in recent years about a Duke football coach.

I think this will be the 5th out of the last 6 years Duke has gone to a bowl, they just made major upgrades to their stadium, he has very little pressure, doesn't have to deal with the 5 stars with attitudes, makes good money, for a pretty laid back 63 year old coach in the closing years of his career, he's got it pretty damn good.

I think this will be the 5th out of the last 6 years Duke has gone to a bowl, they just made major upgrades to their stadium, he has very little pressure, doesn't have to deal with the 5 stars with attitudes, makes good money, for a pretty laid back 63 year old coach in the closing years of his career, he's got it pretty damn good.

Yeah there’s no reason to leave unless someone drops a $Texas offer.

Back