• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

Conservative websites and news media have been all over this "story." I saw an article today which argued that the only way to save California is for it to dump its failed progressive politicians and turn hard right. Slamming California has become a hobby of right-wing blogs and websites, as they see the state, along with New York and Massachusetts, as the main stronghold of their mortal enemy, progressive Democrats. Anytime something bad happens in CA, conservatives get almost giddy, as they can always find a way to link whatever the problem is to "failed" liberal policies.

Republicans run several of the shittiest states in the country.

It’s a climate disaster, utilities disaster, and government disaster.

We did the first round, not this last one. 3 days...

We had one day in round one and 2 days this past week. We have a battery and it was weird being the only light in the neighborhood - felt a bit unsafe.

Republicans run several of the shittiest states in the country.

True, but that never seems to be talked about. You rarely see liberal media sites, for example, talking about what shitty governments Mississippi or Alabama or WV have. Yet conservatives slam the state governments of California and New York, and the city governments of Chicago and NYC, constantly.

Democrats should invest in digital ads aimed at people skeptical about government slamming a Republican led governments. There are plenty of people who hate government and keep electing Republicans because they’re convinced Democrats are for more bad government.

It’s amazing how triggered some white people get at the mere idea of learning about people who aren’t white.

Tough look for my guy, Mr. Matthews, in that clip.

Obviously the answer is that they just avoid art like that, but I would be curious how cats like sailor and Tucker watch AHX.

Back when there was little to no government regulation - as in the Gilded Age - people worked their tails off all the time, to the tune of 6 days a week, 10 hours (or more) a day, and often got nowhere because of abysmally low pay, no benefits at all, poor to nonexistent safety features, and harsh treatment, including child labor. It gradually changed because Americans organized labor unions to work for better treatment and conditions, with corporations and their government stooges fighting them (sometimes literally) every step of the way. Vast numbers of people worked like dogs, yet never "worked their way to the top." That was the "American way" too, along with sharecropping in the South. At least they're not sugarcoating their beliefs anymore - what she's saying sounds like Social Darwinism. I'm wondering how many long hours she's put in climbing the career ladder at Fox. I believe Roger Ailes himself hired her.

Back