• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Fox News Says

At the start of 2019 Hope Hicks will be the new Chief Communications Officer at FOX.

Facepalm

DDA with founding fathers outrage fail.

Well, it's definitely true that Southern slaveowners wanted to count slaves the same as whites for census purposes, hence more seats in the House of Representatives, hence more political power for the South. On the other hand, it's not as if they treated slaves as anything other than property the rest of the time. I mean, if conservatives want to go around defending the three-fifths compromise, then have at it. I suppose the best you could say for it is that it did help convince most Southerners to support ratifying the Constitution.

Last edited:
Yea, Highland says it better than me clearly. The overall point was D’Souza rationalizing the South’s behavior back then to score some political points with your old white viewership is silly.

Fox News: Be angry. Be frightened.

"We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, [Fox News / Trump / Republicans] is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character."

"We have serious problems to solve, and we need serious people to solve them. And whatever your particular problem is, I promise you, [Fox News / Trump / Republicans] is not the least bit interested in solving it. He is interested in two things and two things only: making you afraid of it and telling you who's to blame for it. That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you win elections. You gather a group of middle-aged, middle-class, middle-income voters who remember with longing an easier time, and you talk to them about family and American values and character."

I've been pounding this drum since before the 2016 election. Aaron Sorkin was so far ahead of his time. The American President and The West Wing called out the GOP a 15-20 years before the rest of the country really caught on.

I've been pounding this drum since before the 2016 election. Aaron Sorkin was so far ahead of his time. The American President and The West Wing called out the GOP a 15-20 years before the rest of the country really caught on.

That quote in particular is so crushingly accurate that it comes to mind frequently these days. Be afraid and this is who to blame. On every. single. issue.

That quote in particular is so crushingly accurate that it comes to mind frequently these days. Be afraid and this is who to blame. On every. single. issue.

Another quote from that movie that is also still crushingly accurate is this exchange:

"The American people want leadership. And in the absence of genuine leadership, they will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They're so thirsty for it, they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

"We've had Presidents who were beloved who couldn't find a coherent sentence with two hands and a flashlight. People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink it because they don't know the difference."

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I love how that piece claims unequivocally that it is a “lie” that there are not paid protestors.

Have they provided any evidence that protestors are being paid?

Oh, so that's Diamond and Silk. I remember the outrage when they got banned from some platform for doing something dumb. But the "Dummycrats" will probably be a hit.

Sailor should take note; they know clever.

Back