• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

IMO, the Tulane game will be a struggle and there will be an over-reaction after an off-season of good vibes.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if we go in there polished and whoop some ass. Just need to scrape by with a W and get to BC 2-0.

Didn't most people say the same thing about Utah St last year? I remember being somewhat nervous and I believe Vegas favored us similarly, although we were at home. We saw how that game went.

Utah State is not an apt comparison.

The closing line on the Utah State game was WF -13 (agree that no one was predicting a 36 point blow-out).

The Tulane line opened at -7 was bet up to -8, and is now down to -6. Anyone that feels like the Deacs are going to roll in New Orleans (maybe the offense will roll with anyone at taking the snaps) has the opportunity to cash big with the line under a TD. Think it will be a 4 quarter game. Fritz is a good coach, Tulane was much tougher at home than on the road, and QB uncertainty is a concern.

Didn't most people say the same thing about Utah St last year? I remember being somewhat nervous and I believe Vegas favored us similarly, although we were at home. We saw how that game went.

USU wasn't the first game of the year.

The closing line on the Utah State game was WF -13 (agree that no one was predicting a 36 point blow-out).

The Tulane line opened at -7 was bet up to -8, and is now down to -6. Anyone that feels like the Deacs are going to roll in New Orleans (maybe the offense will roll with anyone at taking the snaps) has the opportunity to cash big with the line under a TD. Think it will be a 4 quarter game. Fritz is a good coach, Tulane was much tougher at home than on the road, and QB uncertainty is a concern.

Plus I could see us give up some big plays with some fresh faces on defense.

Something else that hasn't been discussed much is the loss of Mike Weaver to graduation. Right now the coaching staff cannot be feeling that getting the ball to the 30 is a near certain three points.

One of the new guys is going to need to step up for that to be reality again.

Something else that hasn't been discussed much is the loss of Mike Weaver to graduation. Right now the coaching staff cannot be feeling that getting the ball to the 30 is a near certain three points.

One of the new guys is going to need to step up for that to be reality again.
Or maybe we go for it more and it turns out to be a positive.

Les just gave an update tweet from practice this morning...Kendall is not wearing the green jersey and is practicing with the wide receivers. Obviously doesn't mean he's completely out of the picture as a QB because he could put the green jersey back on for future practices but definitely an interesting development.

Damnit. A minute too slow. haha

Plus you've got the visuals. i'm worthless.

Who's the tall, thin receiver just to the left of Hinton?
Looks like he's about 6' 5", 170 lbs.

Maybe I am reading the situation incorrectly, but when the presumptive starter at QB is suspended the first 3 games, and the backup options are a true Frosh and a RS Soph, neither of whom seems to be pulling away from the competition, and then that presumptive starter starts taking reps at WR and PR, what does that say about the ability of these guys? Are Newman and Hartman so far ahead of Hinton that we don't need him at QB? Is Hinton such a better athlete than a QB that we need to put him on the field elsewhere?

What are the odds that Newman and Hartman would have jumped ahead of Hinton on the Depth Chart even without the suspension? This whole thing is leaving me a bit apprehensive. Wake has started true freshmen at QB before, but I was under the belief that our depth is greater now than it was then.

Maybe this is all just Clawson doing some Game Theory and seeing what he has to work with, but from what I am reading, he seems interested in having Hinton play elsewhere when he returns.

I guess we have to wait and see, but I think I need a little more clarity on the situation.

Is this Hinton’s first practice at WR. Clawson mentioned Hinton changing positions last week. What did Hinton do in last week’s scrimmage?

Back