• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Haiti a shithole?

Anonymous poll

• Yes

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s like the republicans don’t want to accept that their new base (they were always the base just not open about it) are racist shitbags.

Some republicans.

so the news of the week is some bullshit about a whiney wimpy senator who decides to tat tat tatty tattle tale that Trumpty Dumpty said (we don’t know ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAID) certain country or countries shithole. Oh wait shithouse, shitbag, shithead?

NOBODY STOOD UP AND SAID, “Mr President, fuck you, I’m offended, I agree, this country is a shithole, go shit and go blind, what kind of shit talk is that, enough of this shit, why you piece of shit, get a load of her shit, you are so full of shit, wow you look like shit, this meeting is the shit, anybody got any other shit they want to talk about, I feel like shit, shit on you too, don’t you pull that shit, where’s my shit, ain’t got
Jack shit, you believe that shit, what shit

Nope. We had a faggy wimpy tattle tale run to the press and cryyyyyy that bad bad trumpy called somebody a bad name. boooo hoooo bwahhhhhh

This is a god damn pathetic joke.

Which makes EVERYONE A FREAKIN RACIST!!

oh except for all of you folks!

Love and hugs,
Risc xox

:golfclap: you have come so far, little camper.

Haiti is a shithole, Haitians are not shitheads and deserve the chance to live the American dream if the wish to peruse it.

/end thread.

She could have used different words, but she has a point.

Yeah, but it's the wrong point. Nobody really cares that Trump uses bigly shithole words (even as he blights the once-respected office of POTUS); people care that he is a racist and xenophobic fuck. When Trump calls a place a 'shithole' he is clearly making a judgement about the people that live there.

Exactly. These comments are in the context of immigration. The immigrants are the subject matter. In this case, there is no reason to disparage their country of origin unless it is meant to characterize the people.
People from shithole countries looking to build a better life are exactly who we should want to welcome in to ours.

Obviously considering the context of immigration policy.

Exactly. These comments are in the context of immigration. The immigrants are the subject matter. In this case, there is no reason to disparage their country of origin unless it is meant to characterize the people.
People from shithole countries looking to build a better life are exactly who we should want to welcome in to ours.

He also said all Haitians have AIDS and Nigerians wouldn't go home to live in huts after coming to America.

Do you want to give him excuses for those as well?

I don’t like much of anybody who uses derivations of the word “fag.” Not to mention someone who gleefully calls a woman a whore.

This is getting pretty formulaic.

Trump says or does something deplorable. He initially lies about it instinctually like a child who just got in trouble.

Deplorables agree with deplorable statements/actions and rejoice that leftie leftlib snowflakes are butthurt about it.

“Moderate” pubs lie or deny the statement/action while being unable to disagree with its underlying sentiment because they need the deplorables.

Trump then basically comes out and says “yea I did/said it, so what?”

Deplorable rubes continue to rejoice.

“Moderate” pubs brace for the next one in 48 hours.

Everyone else continues the struggle to believe this is real life.

well it is good to know that i no longer have to mix my words or be respectful on this board any more.

so the news of the week is some bullshit about a whiney wimpy senator who decides to tat tat tatty tattle tale that Trumpty Dumpty said (we don’t know ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAID) certain country or countries shithole. Oh wait shithouse, shitbag, shithead?

NOBODY STOOD UP AND SAID, “Mr President, fuck you, I’m offended, I agree, this country is a shithole, go shit and go blind, what kind of shit talk is that, enough of this shit, why you piece of shit, get a load of her shit, you are so full of shit, wow you look like shit, this meeting is the shit, anybody got any other shit they want to talk about, I feel like shit, shit on you too, don’t you pull that shit, where’s my shit, ain’t got
Jack shit, you believe that shit, what shit

Nope. We had a faggy wimpy tattle tale run to the press and cryyyyyy that bad bad trumpy called somebody a bad name. boooo hoooo bwahhhhhh

This is a god damn pathetic joke.

Which makes EVERYONE A FREAKIN RACIST!!

oh except for all of you folks!

Love and hugs,
Risc xox

My thoughts on the President's recent remarks calling certain countries "sh*thole" countries:

1) The President’s remarks are offensive and derogatory, and what really concerns me is that they are not just political rhetoric. These remarks were made in the context of a heated policy discussion in which concrete decisions are being made based on such racialized sentiment, not just in the immigration realm but in education, healthcare, housing, etc. Just looking at immigration, such attitudes have already wreaked havoc on some of our nation’s most vulnerable populations over the course of 2017:

- Termination of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Sudanese (Sept 18, 2017)
- Termination of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Haitians (Nov 20, 2017) (50,000)
- Termination of Temporary Protected Status for Nicaraguans (Nov 6, 2017 (2,550)
- Termination of Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for Salvadorans (Jan 8, 2018) (200,000)
- Closure of the Central American Minor (CAM) program- admitted 3,100 vulnerable minors as refugees/parolees from Central America since Dec 1, 2014
- 4 consecutive Executive Orders trying to ban certain nationalities to the US (there are 4 versions because many were struck down as unconstitutional in the courts) (Jan 27, March 6, Sept 24, Oct 24)
- Decimation of the U.S. refugee resettlement program w/ lowest refugee ceiling ever set at 45,000- President Trump set the refugee ceiling at the lowest number since the start of the program in 1980, at a time when we’re seeing the most number of refugees around the world
- The refugee ceiling for FY18 was set for 45,000, and we’re over 50% behind schedule to reach this goal (we should be at 11,250, we're at 5,323; a pace that gets us to just over 23,000 for the year)

2) President Trump’s remarks are an affront to human dignity because he implies that someone’s worth and potential is defined by their nationality or race. Calling some countries “sh*thole” countries and then saying we shouldn’t welcome them here, but accept immigrants from Norway (who would likely never come) because he wants “merit-based” immigration implies that Haitians, Salvadorans, etc. have no ability or capacity to contribute to the United States because of the color of their skin. People’s worth, dignity and potential are not defined by the color of their skin or their nationality. Poverty, corruption, sickness do not define the value or worth of an individual. In fact, many of the people in the countries the President named are the most resilient, strong, and resourceful people in the world because they are able to survive and flourish despite the injustices they face due to circumstances outside their control.

3) The last time the US established merit as the basis for our immigration laws (1965) is when the United States became more diverse, i.e. non-white. The United States had a legal preference for immigrants from northern Europe since 1924 until 1965 when the 1965 Immigration and Naturalization Act established employer and family-based relationships (“merit-based”) as the foundation for our immigration laws. It’s what led many Africans, Latin Americans, and Asians to immigrate to the United States in the first place because they could prove their merit based on employment and family relationships. Let’s recognize that the diversity the United States has now is a result of us wanting and attracting some of the brightest, hardest-working, most resourceful and innovative people from all around the world.

4) I don’t think Making America Great means turning our backs on the persecuted and the vulnerable who often make significant economic, cultural, social and religious contributions to our country.

Back