• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Is Haiti a shithole?

Anonymous poll

• Yes

Votes: 22 61.1%
  • No

Votes: 14 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The most naturally beautiful place I've ever been to in the world is in Haiti.

Just because a countries infrastructure suffers doesn't make it a shithole.

Never been but all the Haitians I know are fun, hard working people. The women are beautiful and cool too. I’ve never met a Haitian and thought “I don’t want this person in my country.”

The Haitian guy I hired to power wash and paint the exterior of my house did and absolutely horrendous job, dripping paint all over my brick, patio decorative limestone, window screens and painted two doors shut. He was the worst. Fuck that guy. But, I don’t stereotype so I can speak about Haitians or their country at large.

If it is, why?

Massive deforestation, dangerous ports, high crime, bad infrastructure etc.... it could be an awesome place but it’s wrecked. If you look at the border divide between the DR and Haiti you can see a clear divide of the DR being much nicer and they aren’t reallly setting the bar high.

Haitians are good people, but there government systems and structure have failed them no doubt.

I keep wondering to myself, when is it going to be enough for you moon.

How anyone can defend him is a mystery to me.

Massive deforestation, dangerous ports, high crime, bad infrastructure etc.... it could be an awesome place but it’s wrecked. If you look at the border divide between the DR and Haiti you can see a clear divide of the DR being much nicer and they aren’t reallly setting the bar high.

Haitians are good people, but there government systems and structure have failed them no doubt.

Our government has something to do with that.

I'm assuming in this poll "Haiti" is a euphemism for "Donald Trump"?

Did that happen in a vacuum? Meaning, is there something inherently wrong with Haitian people? Or were other external factors at play in what you described?

I could list over a hundred shitholes in the United States. How about you?

The most naturally beautiful place I've ever been to in the world is in Haiti.

Just because a countries infrastructure suffers doesn't make it a shithole.

Just because a place is a shithole doesn't mean the people are shitholes.

Generally, in my experience, there is an inverse relationship between the wealth of a population and the importance and evidence of everyday social interdependence and decency.

Back