• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

I mean five of those six players are on the roster right now. If those five were starting you wouldn’t really call us undersized. Chaundee is a little short for the three but he’s strong. And very very few teams start two 7 footers.

Right. We could start Crawford, Key/Chaundee, Melo, Sarr, and Doral and have the same height in the starting lineup as an optimal lineup for next year.

yeah, but then we'd be missing out on the offense that we're currently getting out of the PF position

Sad to be discussing the 2018-9 WF basketball team lineup during the heart of the 2017-8 season. Tells you all you need to know about the current state of WF basketball. In addition, to the commentary on this lost season, it's mostly a useless exercise as it's doubtful that the perceived roster in January 2018 will be the same as the actual roster when WF plays its first game in the Fall of 2018 (see, the loss of JC and Dinos and the tepid addition of Terrence Thompson; none of which was expected at this time last year - on a related note, TT is shooting 39% from 2 this year; 39% that is historically awful for a PF; there is having trouble finishing around the basket, and there is shooting 39% inside the paint, just wow).

crawford doesn’t need to go pro since he is raking in the cash shaving points*

*note that i don’t believe this, nor do i drink a fifth of bombay every day

We have two of those pieces this year (Chaundeac could be the missing good but inconsistent wing even) but it just isn't clicking.

Chaundee has had some good games this year - the first game and Boston College to name a few. But I thought his best game of the season was two nights ago against Duke. He drove the ball well and made smart decisions. His eyes were up, which allowed him to make some nice passes. I hope he strings together a few more of those types of games.

I love BC and know that he is struggling right now. The kid (and team) are crumbling under the pressure & BC just not making the right "reads" at this moment. A lot of kids go through these stretches where it seems they can't do anything right. He has way too much talent not to get it straight, and I have every confidence he will. I am ever so hopeful that he stays next year and has an awesome Sr. year. He can reach 2,000 plus points and that is almost jersey hanging numbers.

I love BC and know that he is struggling right now. The kid (and team) are crumbling under the pressure & BC just not making the right "reads" at this moment. A lot of kids go through these stretches where it seems they can't do anything right. He has way too much talent not to get it straight, and I have every confidence he will. I am ever so hopeful that he stays next year and has an awesome Sr. year. He can reach 2,000 plus points and that is almost jersey hanging numbers.

I agree it’s difficult to watch Bryant Crawford go through such a difficult period. Frustrating that he is so talented but makes such poor decisions especially in the final
Minutes of the games. I am curious where people are getting the idea that he has an opportunity to skip a senior season and go pro. He is not listed in the top 60 in the latest mock drafts

I don't think people are assuming he'd leave for the NBA...

crawford doesn’t need to go pro since he is raking in the cash shaving points*

*note that i don’t believe this, nor do i drink a fifth of bombay every day
No, you just suck cock all day.

Unless he has a Josh Howard like senior year and gets every vote for ACCPOY, his jersey won’t get anywhere near the rafters. Some people complain about Skip being up there (not me!) and he was first team all-ACC twice and second team once, plus is in the top 5 in scoring and free throw percentage. And he had no 3 point line.

Skip also took us to the final 8 his senior year...I think Skip and Rod go hand in hand in the rafters. They lost a close game to the eventual natl champs

I don't think people are assuming he'd leave for the NBA...

Yeah he'd have to leave for Europe unless he would rather find his way onto a G-league team and try to work his way up. I'd choose Europe

Unless he has a Josh Howard like senior year and gets every vote for ACCPOY, his jersey won’t get anywhere near the rafters. Some people complain about Skip being up there (not me!) and he was first team all-ACC twice and second team once, plus is in the top 5 in scoring and free throw percentage. And he had no 3 point line.

People actually complain about him being up there?

As many flaws as Skip Prosser had as a coach, he would have made Crawford a beast. The Howard comment reminded me about what Skip did with him.

Why is that an insult? It's one of the nicest gifts you can give a guy. Likely a better contribution to society than being a top 100 lawyer and shitting on college kids.

Back