• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

That's not what I'm saying. Attacking EVERY bad play Craw makes is cottage industry here. It's a constant drum beat. It's not once in a while and it's never tempered.

If it was occasional and the positives were also mentioned, it would be perfectly acceptable. But it's not.

The boards and their impact on campus drove a solid player away.

You're referring to Rondale?

computer-nerd-limpet-21.jpg

Um...excuse me...his friends call him CRAW.

Thank you.

feel like Coach Jones tweet is directed to BC. BC obviously wants to move on to a pro career but is putting too much pressure on himself to excel. It's obvious to any casual observer.

Coach Jamill Jones‏
@JamillC

Follow Follow @JamillC

 More

Through difficult times, try and focus on these three things
1. Recognize and appreciate each opportunity.
2. It’s easy to get frustrated, when your dreams aren’t coming to pass, on your timetable.
3. Be patient. Prepare yourself.

8:25 AM - 24 Jan 2018

Just saying he needs some bench time to see that he can’t be careless with the ball every game and be lazy on defense with no repercussions. We were MUCH better with him on the bench last night. At least Chill comes to play every night.

Agreed. DM sat Crawford for a nearly 8 minutes in the 2nd half last night, which was when we made a brief run. Chill was at least looking to distribute the ball...after dribbling for 20 seconds.

If Sarr had just laid that ball in instead of bricking the dunk, we'd have only been down by 5....

Okay so you come back every now and then, post a lot of negative stuff, then leave, and repeat? Just seems odd to me, is all.

It's immensely therapeutic. And you can't discount the comedy factor of watching a handful of posters grasp at the tiniest of positives to justify their belief that a 51 year old man with 15 years on the job is suddenly going to develop into a great coach in year 16/17/18/20/25? that leads Wake back to relevance in the same way that an 18 year-old freshman player makes a big jump between his freshman and sophomore seasons. Manning is who he is. He's not good enough. Some recognized that early on...some are still holding out hope in some sort of weird case of college sports Stockholm Syndrome.

This is just lame. WF's fan base is as tame/mild/pleasant as anyone could ever find in a Power V school. Even though this is Big Boy major college hoop, no fan base accepts losing and bad play better or praises even minor accomplishments more.

Yup. Even more tame now that so many of the biggest fans got burned out during the [name redacted] years and struggle to even care enough to say "meh."

Last edited:
You all should be grateful that Racer comes back to drop these truth bombs.

That's not what I'm saying. Attacking EVERY bad play Craw makes is cottage industry here. It's a constant drum beat. It's not once in a while and it's never tempered.

If it was occasional and the positives were also mentioned, it would be perfectly acceptable. But it's not.

The boards and their impact on campus drove a solid player away.

When you say "cottage industry", I become perplexed. How does one monetize this industry. What good is an industry that makes no money.

Did Wake teach economics in the 50's when you were there? Just wondering.

It's not about this season though. If Crawford continues to go down a bad path and Danny just doesnt even play him do you think that is making him a better basketball player? I feel like it would isolate him and give him less reasons to come back next year, and I think Bryant Crawford is a good basketball player just going through a tough time right now on a terrible team. Now if Danny wants to have a tighter leash, I am all for that, but just sitting out a junior who has been a very good player his whole career makes no sense to me.

I should have said “not start and get pulled if he continues his careless play on offense and lazy defense.” He needs to sit if he won’t play smart and play hard on defense. Agree that sitting out the full games would probably be counterproductive. He needs to earn back his starting job and playing time and he needs to be on the court some to do that.

https://mytakeonwhatever.com/

"Watching Duke extend Wake’s misery to six straight setbacks with last night’s 84-70 cuffing at Joel Coliseum, I could have sworn I saw Robert O’Kelley on the court wearing black and gold.

But once my rheumy eyes regained focus, I realized that it was only Bryant Crawford..."

Crawford is clearly in some kind of funk. The question is whether he is going to recover.

A couple of games ago we were all talking about how bad little Chill was playing and how he couldn't make a shot to save his life. He seems to have gotten his shot back and is playing much better (though certainly not perfectly). We can only hope that Crawford will also get his groove back and that right soon.

Crawford is clearly in some kind of funk. The question is whether he is going to recover.

A couple of games ago we were all talking about how bad little Chill was playing and how he couldn't make a shot to save his life. He seems to have gotten his shot back and is playing much better (though certainly not perfectly). We can only hope that Crawford will also get his groove back and that right soon.

I think Crawford is in it for Crawford now, don't think he's going to recover.

Agree with a lot of comments here. I'm beginning to almost feel sorry for him. Something is totally amiss here, lost his confidence, trying too hard, other problems, who knows? If he can recover whatever it is, he has the talent to help next year. Until then, I think he needs to sit on the bench. Maybe a year away will help. He probably feels worse than anyone about his performance.

If Crawford was just missing shots that would be OK. No look behind the back passes when you've already committed 5 turnovers in the 1st 10 minutes of a game? Matador defense on a driving Bagley where you just stop at the foul line and let him drive I by You?

Agree with a lot of comments here. I'm beginning to almost feel sorry for him. Something is totally amiss here, lost his confidence, trying too hard, other problems, who knows? If he can recover whatever it is, he has the talent to help next year. Until then, I think he needs to sit on the bench. Maybe a year away will help. He probably feels worse than anyone about his performance.

Lazy defense is inexcusable. And it can be corrected much easier than his outside shooting.

if Crawford comes back for his senior year instead of going pro in Turkmenistan, then he stands a pretty good chance of being a 2,000 point career guy at Wake and that would put him with some pretty good company. He would also be the worst 2,000 point guy in ACC history (hyperbole, sorry).

I wonder what's amiss with Crawford? Off the top of my head:
1. envisioned himself playing into a pro contract this year. Nope
2. saw himself leading the team back to the NCAAT. Nope
3. expected himself to take a step forward as a player. Nope
4. looked forward to thrilling fans and earning their love for his and the team's success. Nope

We have the same expectations from him that I'm sure he has for himself. He is a confidence/ swagger player who has lost his mojo temporarily. He's pressing and trying to make great plays to validate his game rather than smart plays, which are not his forte. When he has a heart to heart with himself, his coach, his team and realizes it's time to establish new goals for the rest of his college career, we might see a return of his swagger and an improved all around game. Right now, he's just playing like hot garbage and hurting the team more than helping, IMHO.

the answer is that he’s shaving points according to the lush who started this thread

the answer is that he’s shaving points according to the lush who started this thread

Your words, not mine. Perhaps Crawford has simply caught the Robert O’kelley disease as described by Disco Dan.

https://mytakeonwhatever.com/

"Watching Duke extend Wake’s misery to six straight setbacks with last night’s 84-70 cuffing at Joel Coliseum, I could have sworn I saw Robert O’Kelley on the court wearing black and gold.

But once my rheumy eyes regained focus, I realized that it was only Bryant Crawford..."

That is hilarious... But I have been thinking the same thing lately. That's not really a guy you want to get compared to.

Back