• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Crawford

wfu22fan

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
Something is going on with him. He couldn’t play any worse if he tried. Whatever the reason for his horrible play and attitude, he needs to sit for a couple of games. Hoping that Jamie Lewis and Wright are ready to play next year because we likely will need them to play early and often.

Great takes, surprised that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere.

Yeah lets sit arguably our best player for a couple games. That'll get his attitude right and make him want to stick around next season to see if we can get something special going. Shut the fuck up. Crawford's gotta learn to play through whatevers going on and come out better for it. Suggesting sitting him is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Yeah lets sit arguably our best player for a couple games. That'll get his attitude right and make him want to stick around next season to see if we can get something special going. Shut the fuck up. Crawford's gotta learn to play through whatevers going on and come out better for it. Suggesting sitting him is the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Who is still arguing that he's our best player? You don't learn to play through the kind of mistakes he's making. He's not just on a streak of missing good shots...he's taking shitty shots, throwing shitty passes and playing shitty defense.

No but starting Chill over him would send a message. Too bad Manning has no sense to do so.

Just curious why you feel this way? This is a lost season and Crawford has been a shell of himself. We are 20 games in and nothing has changed. Why not send a message to Craw and the team? Who cares if we lose games because of it. Spoiler alert: We are going to lose games anyways.

You literally said this almost verbatim in the Credibility thread. Why start a new thread?

Who is still arguing that he's our best player? You don't learn to play through the kind of mistakes he's making. He's not just on a streak of missing good shots...he's taking shitty shots, throwing shitty passes and playing shitty defense.

I'm not disagreeing with you here, just wanted to ask - why is it that I only see you post on any of the sports threads when we're performing poorly and never when we're doing well?

We really haven’t done well in basketball this year or for 7 out of the last 8 years

I'm not disagreeing with you here, just wanted to ask - why is it that I only see you post on any of the sports threads when we're performing poorly and never when we're doing well?

UbvG1JP.png

Yeah, you stopped posting when we started performing well last season is the point... Maybe a small sample size, but curious as to why that happened.

Lol. I have basically stopped posting altogether. I occasionally get so frustrated with just how much we continue to suck that I hop on to see what the boards consensus is...then, a few weeks later, I realize how absurd it is to care about Wake Forest basketball right now and I stop. Family, kids, life, job, sitting on the coach staring at the wall...all better uses of time in most cases.

For reference, we did not "perform well" last season. For anyone that has been a fan for more than a handful of years, last season was a disappointment. The fact that it was better than the massive disappointments that occurred in the seasons previous does not change the fact that it was not a good season. Hell, as a result of coaching deficiencies that we're all aware of, I'm pretty sure that even the "success" you point to last year was less than we should have been capable of.

Lol. I have basically stopped posting altogether. I occasionally get so frustrated with just how much we continue to suck that I hop on to see what the boards consensus is...then, a few weeks later, I realize how absurd it is to care about Wake Forest basketball right now and I stop. Family, kids, life, job, sitting on the coach staring at the wall...all better uses of time in most cases.

For reference, we did not "perform well" last season. For anyone that has been a fan for more than a handful of years, last season was a disappointment. The fact that it was better than the massive disappointments that occurred in the seasons previous does not change the fact that it was not a good season. Hell, as a result of coaching deficiencies that we're all aware of, I'm pretty sure that even the "success" you point to last year was less than we should have been capable of.

Okay so you come back every now and then, post a lot of negative stuff, then leave, and repeat? Just seems odd to me, is all.

And yeah I've been a fan for more than a handful of years and lived through great years of basketball. I said "started performing well," as in when we rattled off wins against Pitt, UL, and @VT and eventually made the tournament I don't recall you ever posting something positive about any of that. It seemed to be a good step in the right direction, then you went away, now you're back once we start performing poorly again. Again, just seems odd to me.

Just curious why you feel this way? This is a lost season and Crawford has been a shell of himself. We are 20 games in and nothing has changed. Why not send a message to Craw and the team? Who cares if we lose games because of it. Spoiler alert: We are going to lose games anyways.

It's not about this season though. If Crawford continues to go down a bad path and Danny just doesnt even play him do you think that is making him a better basketball player? I feel like it would isolate him and give him less reasons to come back next year, and I think Bryant Crawford is a good basketball player just going through a tough time right now on a terrible team. Now if Danny wants to have a tighter leash, I am all for that, but just sitting out a junior who has been a very good player his whole career makes no sense to me.

If all this continues and Craw graduates and decides he's had enough of Wake and its "fans", next year will be dramatically and negatively impacted barring a JC-like improvement of a PG.

If all this continues and Craw graduates and decides he's had enough of Wake and its "fans", next year will be dramatically and negatively impacted barring a JC-like improvement of a PG.

Just saying he needs some bench time to see that he can’t be careless with the ball every game and be lazy on defense with no repercussions. We were MUCH better with him on the bench last night. At least Chill comes to play every night.

This is just lame. WF's fan base is as tame/mild/pleasant as anyone could ever find in a Power V school. Even though this is Big Boy major college hoop, no fan base accepts losing and bad play better or praises even minor accomplishments more. If Crawford leaves WF, it won't be because he has had "enough" of WF "fans". In the last 3 games, Crawford has shot 1-15 from 3 and has given up 14 turnovers. He has sucked. It's undeniable. Given that by any standard, Crawford has massively underperformed this year, he's NOT going to leave WF because some random fans suggest on a message board that he should sit a game or two (which I don't agree with, but it's not like sitting a struggling player is a delusional position).

Quit playing the "we can't analyze the poor play of the players or the poor decisions of the coaches because the players may leave or recruits may not come" card; it's embarrassing. WF has won one game since December 18. WF is 1-8 in conference and has had catastrophically poor season losing to the likes of Drake and Liberty, and somehow has played worse as the season has progressed. The coaches have failed and the players have failed. This forum is a place where the few WF fans that actually care can discuss and analyze the basketball program. Idiotic to try to temper the exchange of thoughts with the threat that it might hurt feelings. This isn't 8U girls soccer.

Last edited:
That's not what I'm saying. Attacking EVERY bad play Craw makes is cottage industry here. It's a constant drum beat. It's not once in a while and it's never tempered.

If it was occasional and the positives were also mentioned, it would be perfectly acceptable. But it's not.

The boards and their impact on campus drove a solid player away.

Should have titled this thread “Crawford - weakness.” Missed opportunity.

Back