• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

Jacaobellis reminds me of a really good basketball player who does everything well but consistently misses breakaway dunks with the game on the line

Jacaobellis reminds me of a really good basketball player who does everything well but consistently misses breakaway dunks with the game on the line

jan-2004-trent-strickland-of-the-wake-forest-demon-deacons-during-the-picture-id110356691

Kinda like Hillary Clinton.

Even by the standards of NBC's Olympic broadcast Bode is a pretty shitty analyst. He rarely says anything enlightening about a competitor's performance (and when he does its obvious such as Shiff's error last night), and he quite often is talking about another skier when somebody's on the course

Are you calling out Trent Strickland?

Even by the standards of NBC's Olympic broadcast Bode is a pretty shitty analyst. He rarely says anything enlightening about a competitor's performance (and when he does its obvious such as Shiff's error last night), and he quite often is talking about another skier when somebody's on the course

yeah and his tone is just way too monotone -- no excitement at all.

Agreed- so dull- no excitement watching the skiing at all- compare to Bob Beattie, my all-time favorite:

Except for the snowboarder winning. And what appeared to be NBC giving a spoiler.

Except for the snowboarder winning. And what appeared to be NBC giving a spoiler.

So amazing. That girl has to be an insane athlete to pull that off.

Bode actually gave very good analysis on her run, though they were calling it delayed. A benefit of NBC missing it

#trumpsamerica. A lot of 4th and 5th place finishes.

Norway's been killin' it. Imagine they got a shot at the record for most medals at a Winter Olys

So amazing. That girl has to be an insane athlete to pull that off.

Bode actually gave very good analysis on her run, though they were calling it delayed. A benefit of NBC missing it

We can blame Vonn, if she was in the medals NBC would have shown every run. Funny today that NBC scrambled to put together a 'surprise' of the Olympics montage to capture her amazing moment.

ETA - I really enjoy the 1st and 2nd round of the luge, skeleton and bobsled or the 20 rounds of snowboarding vs. a one and done event.

Last edited:
We can blame Vonn, if she was in the medals NBC would have shown every run. Funny today that NBC scrambled to put together a 'surprise' of the Olympics montage to capture her amazing moment.

ETA - I really enjoy the 1st and 2nd round of the luge, skeleton and bobsled or the 20 rounds of snowboarding vs. a one and done event.
They would have done the same thing

Back