• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 Winter Olympic Thread

This is our fault. If any of us had taken up curling four years ago, we could have replaced him.

He did win the bronze medal at the most recent world championships. He also knocks off big teams on the world tour.

Does he keep making it by beating out other people during trials or is it a system where the committee gets to pick who goes based, in part, on trials?

America has grown lazy and complacent. Our days as a power are coming to a close

Anyone else realize that the Olympic movement is pretty much over ? USA has been propping this institution up for years. The rest of Europe is still paying for the Greece games. Russia cheats. Kim Jong U is using the games for political maneuvering. Nobody watches as people are cutting the cord. All the MSM wants to report on are LGBTQ athletes and the lack of African Americans on the team. The shit is over !!!!!

Anyone else realize that the Olympic movement is pretty much over ? USA has been propping this institution up for years. The rest of Europe is still paying for the Greece games. Russia cheats. Kim Jong U is using the games for political maneuvering. Nobody watches as people are cutting the cord. All the MSM wants to report on are LGBTQ athletes and the lack of African Americans on the team. The shit is over !!!!!

FWIW, the downhill is fun to watch as is the bobsled, luge and the ski-jumping.

Also, this is interesting:
kaisa-makarainen-fin-firing-line-biathlon-women-s-tyumen-russia-apr-km-mega-mass-start-international-40131292.jpg

Last edited:
I mean, they're not going to show angles like that on the broadcast.

If you want to look up pics like that on the Internet you might as well go all the way

1) Why is there a big band version of wonder wall?
2) Why am I watching this?

It blows my mind that that little shithole resort (granted, much less of a shithole now than it was in the 80s) with the icy slopes and freezing weather was able to sell itself successfully to the Olympics. No doubt some Moonie and government money greased some palms for this, but there's also little doubt that the Koreans will be all over this to make it a successful Olympics.

Lake Placid is a little shithole resort too.

Everything I know about downhill skiing, I learned from SkiFree.

facebook.jpg

We gotta find some damn curlers. This is embarrassing

Lake Placid is a little shithole resort too.

And Sarajevo probably takes the cake.

It's just weird to me that this frigid little hill is hosting the Olympics. It would be like Whitetail holding the Winter Olympics, if Whitetail were cold as fuck.

Does our men's hockey team have a shot? I've been all in on the last couple squads, but I'm not sure if this non-NHL BS hurts or helps us.

Does our men's hockey team have a shot? I've been all in on the last couple squads, but I'm not sure if this non-NHL BS hurts or helps us.

It is Russia and then everyone else. Canada has struggled with and even been outplayed by Latvia in exhibition games. I would not be shocked if the US finished 2nd or 7th.

Back