• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who would you want to coach Wake Basketball in 2019?

Who would you want as coach in 2019

• Total voters
Maybe thin but not mediocre. Odom in particular has a fantastic record with what he took over.

agreed. UMBC was 28-95 under Odom's predecessor. They're 49-25 under Odom, with an appearance in the Round of 32.

that is outstanding

agreed. UMBC was 28-95 under Odom's predecessor. They're 49-25 under Odom, with an appearance in the Round of 32.

that is outstanding

Ryan Odom has coached 3 1/2 seasons as a head coach. He only missed the post season in his half season as interim HC at UNCC. He has three 20 win seasons at Lenoir-Rhyne and UMBC. He’s a strong candidate for a good job. Sure I hope we could do better but I’d take him over what we have now.

Watching Winthrop get boat-raced at UK. Didn’t realize Kelsey was a dwarf. Do not want.

that is outstanding

Everyone agrees if we can afford Odom we have to extend him an offer. This is not complicated.

Watching Winthrop get boat-raced at UK. Didn’t realize Kelsey was a dwarf. Do not want.

They lost by 13...Kelsey has done vastly better at Winthrop than Miller has done at UNC-G. It's not even a contest.

lets just snag some assistant from gonzaga. they are so well coached. it kinda makes wake look like a middle school team

Like the sounds of Ryan and what he has done and has good genes. You know he will coach good D which we haven’t seen in decade plus.

Davey O turned around a WF program in dumps after Staak and Ryan could do same. Make it happen now!

I’m not necessarily saying these guys wouldn’t be good choices, but can you imagine other ACC programs arguing over whether they’d prefer the head coach of UMBC, UNCG, or Winthrop?

The thing is at this point in the season we're not sure what big names might be available.

I’m not necessarily saying these guys wouldn’t be good choices, but can you imagine other ACC programs arguing over whether they’d prefer the head coach of UMBC, UNCG, or Winthrop?

No. We are worse than other ACC programs.

Crean was my answer here. Checking in on UGA, they smoked Savannah State and lost a true road game in a squeaker vs. Temple.

Blowout loss against Georgia State and now 10 spots worse than Wake in KP.

Way too early to say if Crean will work there.

They lost by 13...Kelsey has done vastly better at Winthrop than Miller has done at UNC-G. It's not even a contest.

Yup. I'm still on the Kelsey train. I like the dude's energy and I think he is a good coach. He knows Wake and I think he would be a perfect fit considering the last two coaches.

Back