• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who would you want to coach Wake Basketball in 2019?

Who would you want as coach in 2019

• Total voters
This should be a pretty desirable program. Even a complete dumpster fire like Danny Manning can still attract top 50 Talent here

This should be a pretty desirable program. Even a complete dumpster fire like Danny Manning can still attract top 50 Talent here

and we don’t fire coaches, so you can lose to the likes of Delaware State, Stetson, Presbyterian, and Houston Baptist and remain head coach of an ACC program

Top of the board's gotta be Musselman, right? He's got a top 10 program at fucking Nevada this year. That's insane. Plus he's got the NBA ties our AD seems to love.

After that, I kinda really dig Oats, just wish he had more experience recruiting at a high level. I'd go him or Bobby Hurley, I think.

There is something funky going on there...

Reno is bumfuck nowhere...maybe better hookers than L'ville.

Top of the board's gotta be Musselman, right? He's got a top 10 program at fucking Nevada this year. That's insane. Plus he's got the NBA ties our AD seems to love.

After that, I kinda really dig Oats, just wish he had more experience recruiting at a high level. I'd go him or Bobby Hurley, I think.

Sports Illustrated did a nice feature on Musselman in their basketball preview. Nevada is by far the longest he has stayed at a job. But damn good coach.

Given the way coaches jump out of contracts, virtually no one is off the table.

based on my limited research, earl grant is our best bet. longtime assistant to gregg marshall, ace recruiter at clemson and has turned around college of charleston. based on some youtube vids they play active, tough defense and stick to their strengths on offense.

based on my limited research, earl grant is our best bet. longtime assistant to gregg marshall, ace recruiter at clemson and has turned around college of charleston. based on some youtube vids they play active, tough defense and stick to their strengths on offense.
This is where I'm at, too. Would love LaVall Jordan, but I'm not sure he'd leave Butler for Wake.

UNCG is more relevant than Wake right now

So is Houston Baptist. What's your point?

This is where I'm at, too. Would love LaVall Jordan, but I'm not sure he'd leave Butler for Wake.

Earl Grant would be a great hire.

Musselman has always struck me as a little shady. I think he's in the perfect spot right now and can't see him leaving anytime soon unless a much bigger program than Wake comes calling.

So is Houston Baptist. What's your point?

Earl Grant would be a great hire.

Musselman has always struck me as a little shady. I think he's in the perfect spot right now and can't see him leaving anytime soon unless a much bigger program than Wake comes calling.

Come on

Wes Miller is young, his teams get better, he's cut some conference nets, he has ties to Wake and the ACC

We need to take a chance on a young up and comer, it can't get any worse

All of Nevada's good players are seniors. Musselman will jump ship before being exposed as just a dude who hit on a few transfers.

Wes had the #26 defense in the country last year at freaking unc greensboro

UNCG is more relevant than Wake right now

Come on

Wes Miller is young, his teams get better, he's cut some conference nets, he has ties to Wake and the ACC

We need to take a chance on a young up and comer, it can't get any worse

We'll probably end up with Wes Miller, but that doesn't mean we can aim higher in the meantime. A staff consisting of Wrangor, jaybone, and donaldross would probably be better than the circus we have coaching our team right now. That doesn't mean it's the right move.

Wes also reeks of a crony hire to me, regardless of whether or not that's a fair assessment.

All of Nevada's good players are seniors. Musselman will jump ship before being exposed as just a dude who hit on a few transfers.

I'm not sure that I want him to jump ship here.

Wes had the #26 defense in the country last year at freaking unc greensboro

Do you think his D would have stopped good teams? They also were a low scoring team which factors into defensive numbers.

That's why stats without context mean little.

Do you think his D would have stopped good teams? They also were a low scoring team which factors into defensive numbers.

That's why stats without context mean little.
Do you think his defense with ACC players instead of UNCG players would have been better?

Back