Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: What's the latest on Wolford and the Jets?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I remember Wolford showed up as one of the top college QBs on PFF early in his junior year.

    Didn't realize the Chargers had all these Wake connections. They should be a boards favorite when they dump Rivers.

    Couldn't find the PFF mention but I did find this:


  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I remember Wolford showed up as one of the top college QBs on PFF early in his junior year.

    Didn't realize the Chargers had all these Wake connections. They should be a boards favorite when they dump Rivers.

    Couldn't find the PFF mention but I did find this:

    This was a top-5 moment of the season. He sliced up their entire defense. Great downfield blocking too.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
    This was a top-5 moment of the season. He sliced up their entire defense. Great downfield blocking too.
    Notice who sprinted downfield to make sure their last defenders didn't have a prayer of getting to Wolford - #85 showing some speed.

  4. #44
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88,960
    Pay attention to #15 Cortez Lewis. He and Wolford are both at the Wake 40 at the same time and Lewis slows down and is seemingly out of the play. Then all of a sudden he emerged at the Elon 20 beside Wolford to help him finish off the play.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Pay attention to #15 Cortez Lewis. He and Wolford are both at the Wake 40 at the same time and Lewis slows down and is seemingly out of the play. Then all of a sudden he emerged at the Elon 20 beside Wolford to help him finish off the play.
    Lewis showed up, after Cam had taken #4, the last defender, out of the play. His presence didn't make any difference. He isn't shown as blocking anybody. Cam's block of #4 around the 25 yard line and then keeping him to Wolford's left the remainder of the field gave Wolford the lane down the sideline for the last 25 yards to finish the TD.

  6. #46
    That play really is nuts - was this against Elon?

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeforest22890 View Post
    That play really is nuts - was this against Elon?
    I think so. Amazing that five defenders got a hand on him, but none brought him down.

    #31 looked like a human turnstile.

  8. #48
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Deaconblue View Post
    Lewis showed up, after Cam had taken #4, the last defender, out of the play. His presence didn't make any difference. He isn't shown as blocking anybody. Cam's block of #4 around the 25 yard line and then keeping him to Wolford's left the remainder of the field gave Wolford the lane down the sideline for the last 25 yards to finish the TD.
    Why do you have to be miserable about this? I pointed out Lewisí hustle on the play. He could have stayed out of the play but he made up a ton of ground to get back into it. I didnít say Camís blocks werenít more important. Chill out.

  9. #49
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88,960

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Good read. Thanks for posting.

  11. #51
    Anxious to learn how the week-end went for Cam.

  12. #52
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88,960
    Didnít see any reports on Cam or Wolford. Guess we will find out if they signed for the next camp.

  13. #53
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    88,960
    Chargers sign two from rookie camp. Not Wolford. No word if they may be signing more.
    https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...ookie-minicamp

    The Jets made a bunch of moves that didn't include Wolford.
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/0...okie-minicamp/

    The Saints signed a Marshall TE as a FB after minicamp. No word on Serigne.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlean...yout-118216036

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Chargers sign two from rookie camp. Not Wolford. No word if they may be signing more.
    https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/201...ookie-minicamp

    The Jets made a bunch of moves that didn't include Wolford.
    https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2018/0...okie-minicamp/

    The Saints signed a Marshall TE as a FB after minicamp. No word on Serigne.
    https://247sports.com/nfl/new-orlean...yout-118216036
    Ugh

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Didnít see any reports on Cam or Wolford. Guess we will find out if they signed for the next camp.
    Josh Okonye was offered (and signed) and UDFA contract with the Lions following their camp.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •