• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Family Separation at the Border: US citizens are now being detained

What is really hard to understand is Ph's perpetual need to lie about the views of others.

Where’s the lie? Please point to your posts where you speak out against Trump’s immigration policies.

Why would anyone even say that to an 8 year old? What would they gain by telling her any of that? That's just simply sadistic.

Obviously they are awful human beings, but also the administration never intended to return the kids to their parents.

Separated Parents Were "Totally Unaware" They Had Waived Their Right To Be Reunified With Their Children

Aaron Reichlin-Melnick, an attorney with the American Immigration Council, said the team of attorneys he’s supervised spoke with 52 parents whom the government identified as having relinquished their right to reunification.

"Many of these individuals indicated that they felt coerced into relinquishing their rights," Reichlin-Melnick said. "Still others appeared totally unaware that they had done so. Indeed, some individuals were adamant that they had signed a paper that said they chose to be reunited with their children."

Fixed to represent what happens when people govern by hate.

It’s hard for reasonable people like us to understand the joy people like sailor, Angus, and Junebug feel when they hear stories like this.

For all of Trump's uses of "fake news", it's very telling that he hasn't used it in regards to these stories while defending ICE/Border Patrol. Certainly Trump thinks that much of his base regards not bathing children, locking them in darkened rooms, and claiming their parents have willfully abandoned them as a positive.

Well he’s right.

Ugh.

Last edited:
What is really hard to understand is Ph's perpetual need to lie about the views of others.

Where’s the lie? Please point to your posts where you speak out against Trump’s immigration policies.

He supports them. He loves the idea of brown babies in cages.

Can't find a single sailor post opposing Trump's immigration policies.
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4599322

I do find posts suggesting media are lying about child detention centers and taking shots at people who disagree with child torture.

The only things that make sense are that it’s a front for child trafficking and/or an easier way to funnel money into the companies that run the detention centers.

Even the hardcore Pubs here are basically staying away from the topic. They give it their tacit approval and don’t explain it.

It’s just a cruel attempt to discourage the brown people from coming here.

Funneling money to private profit, some of which comes back to your campaign, is just a side benefit.

If it was about discouraging people, they would have warned them in their home countries and not used so many misleading tactics to make this happen.

Can't find a single sailor post opposing Trump's immigration policies.
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/search.php?searchid=4599322

I do find posts suggesting media are lying about child detention centers and taking shots at people who disagree with child torture.

the Ph way of posting: dishonest malicious misrepresentation bundled with a fallacious argument

Professor of English Michael Duncan states that there are very few scholarly analyses of arguments from silence; but these typically view it as fallacious.[8] Duncan adds that arguments from silence are not mentioned in Aristotle's Sophistical Refutations or Hamblin's book Fallacies, but both of these texts discuss the somewhat similar case of argument from ignorance.[8] Errietta Bissa, professor of Classics at University of Wales flatly states that arguments from silence are not valid.[11]

So is your own argument from silence invalid? Your only “stance” on this issue is an unlinked passage on arguments from silence.

If you do not support Trump’s terrible treatment of children, don’t be silent about it. Just say it.

So is your own argument from silence invalid? Your only “stance” on this issue is an unlinked passage on arguments from silence.

If you do not support Trump’s terrible treatment of children, don’t be silent about it. Just say it.

I'll provide an answer when I feel like it. In general, like everyone else I do not support the separation children from their parents. Nor do I perversely asume that anyone else does, save for the unusual and extraordinary circumstances where it is in the best interest of the child.

Your hapless efforts at fallacious arguments, dishonesty, bullying and to smear will have no effect. If you want to have an honest reasonable respectful conversation, act like it. If not, fuck off.

I'll provide an answer when I feel like it. In general, like everyone else I do not support the separation children from their parents. Nor do I perversely asume that anyone else does, save for the unusual and extraordinary circumstances where it is in the best interest of the child.

Your hapless efforts at fallacious arguments, dishonesty, bullying and to smear will have no effect. If you want to have an honest reasonable respectful conversation, act like it. If not, fuck off.

Was that so difficult?

Yes, it was reasonable to assume you supported Trump’s policy. You support Trump, you hate South American and Latin American immigrants and your only posts on this thread have been mocking people for not supporting this policy.

Perhaps if people assume the worst about you, it’s because you are the worst.

Was that so difficult?

Yes, it was reasonable to assume you supported Trump’s policy. You support Trump, you hate South American and Latin American immigrants and your only posts on this thread have been mocking people for not supporting this policy.

Perhaps if people assume the worst about you, it’s because you are the worst.

Your efforts to be on the moral high ground fail just like your dishonest fallacious arguments. I approve of immigration. I disapprove of illegal immigration. One would think that would be simple enough even for a sociologist to understand.

Your efforts to be on the moral high ground fail just like your dishonest fallacious arguments. I approve of immigration. I disapprove of illegal immigration. One would think that would be simple enough even for a sociologist to understand.

What legal immigration do you approve of? Give examples.

Back