• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What "added" TV character bothers you the most?

Schaal was a page who tried to gain power by messing with Kenneth or something like that.

I can't even picture Schaal's character on 30 Rock.

I didn't like Renee on the Americans either but I actually think the way they ended the series was awesome and kind of makes it worth it.

Schaal was Hazel Wassername in the last couple of seasons of 30 Rock. And I actually liked her and Bob on Mad Men. The English woman on The Office was terrible.

Where's Poochie?

In this thread people are old

Feel free to post about added characters on Hannah Montana or Dog with a Blog or whatever Disney Channel shows you watch(ed).

goddamn, Dog with Blog is going to make me millions.

oh that's an actual show already, you say? sigh..

Amy's brother Peter on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Amy is one of the few added TV characters that actually works.

Amy's brother Peter on Everybody Loves Raymond.

Amy is one of the few added TV characters that actually works.

I think the actress who plays Amy was the real-life wife of like the head writer or co-creator/producer of Everybody Loves Raymond.

I'm starting to watch Dexter now, but I've been warned that the show went from great to terrible once John Lithgow showed up. My plan is to actually stop watching before the final season.

I'm starting to watch Dexter now, but I've been warned that the show went from great to terrible once John Lithgow showed up. My plan is to actually stop watching before the final season.

I think most people like the Lithgow season (Season 4). Just don't go past that. First two seasons are fantastic.

Season 4 is the last really good season. Season 5 is OK that suffers for some people mostly because it has a tough act to follow. The rest is where it really jumps the shark. On the subject of added characters. I think Quinn is actually pretty good.

ETA: I rank the seasons of Dexter thusly:

Last 3 are pretty close.

Last edited:
I think Herbert on Family guy has been completely overexposed. Should have been a one-off.

I think most people like the Lithgow season (Season 4). Just don't go past that. First two seasons are fantastic.

I thought Lithgow was a good villain, and I kinda liked Colin Hanks after that. The character I hated most was his wife Rita. And while I agree that the last 2 seasons were the weakest overall, I had the hots for Hannah McKay, and she made the last 2 seasons bearable. Whatever you do, don't watch the last 15 minutes of the final episode.

Dexter was really strong for 2 seasons, was ok for another 2, and then I don't really remember much of anything about the last 4 other than they were bad

Back