• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

What "added" TV character bothers you the most?

Hannah McKay definitely breaks Dexter in every way. Just horrible. If Dexter left you feeling empty, the first 2 books are really good, the third is decent, then the next 2 were just absurd, so I stopped. I couldn't let it happen to me again.

Even the first book that is a lot like the show is really good. Everything is the same except at the very end, Dexter kills Laguerta, Deb sees it and doesn't really care, and the brother is still alive. So it's just a different universe. Oh, and Cody (the kid) is a wannabe serial killer. None of the other books have anything to do with the show plots.

Priya was terrible for Big Bang Theory, and it hasn't recovered (if you ever liked it at all). Having 1 smoke show fall for Leonard was one thing. Having a second was just absurd, and her character practically rendered Jim Parsons' moot.

Ninjas in the Netflix Marvel Comic Universe.

I want to pin Lost's downfall on someone, but I'm not entirely sure who. If I had to choose, I'd say it was when Martin Keamy and his team of mercenaries showed up to the island.

Last edited:
Hannah McKay definitely breaks Dexter in every way. Just horrible. If Dexter left you feeling empty, the first 2 books are really good, the third is decent, then the next 2 were just absurd, so I stopped. I couldn't let it happen to me again.

Even the first book that is a lot like the show is really good. Everything is the same except at the very end, Dexter kills Laguerta, Deb sees it and doesn't really care, and the brother is still alive. So it's just a different universe. Oh, and Cody (the kid) is a wannabe serial killer. None of the other books have anything to do with the show plots.

Priya was terrible for Big Bang Theory, and it hasn't recovered (if you ever liked it at all). Having 1 smoke show fall for Leonard was one thing. Having a second was just absurd, and her character practically rendered Jim Parsons' moot.

Ninjas in the Netflix Marvel Comic Universe.

I want to pin Lost's downfall on someone, but I'm not entirely sure who. If I had to choose, I'd say it was when Martin Keamy and his team of mercenaries showed up to the island.

I'm among the minority that really liked Season 5 of LOST-I'm a bit of an easy sell on time travel fatalism. I rank Season 5 as the best, then a slow decrease along 1-4, then a sharp decrease in 6. The characters that ruined it were every "flash sideways" character from 6.

On Weeds, I found the mayor character really irritating.

I never warmed to Bulldog on "Frasier."

I don't believe Bulldog counts as an "added" character. He was in the first episode, and figured in quite a few storylines in his 6 years on the show.

I'm among the minority that really liked Season 5 of LOST-I'm a bit of an easy sell on time travel fatalism. I rank Season 5 as the best, then a slow decrease along 1-4, then a sharp decrease in 6. The characters that ruined it were every "flash sideways" character from 6.

On Weeds, I found the mayor character really irritating.

Weeds is a show that suffered long, slow decline after about season 2. With one slight bump when Zack Morris nailed Nancy Botwin in that bar.

I don't believe Bulldog counts as an "added" character. He was in the first episode, and figured in quite a few storylines in his 6 years on the show.

I guess I was defining "added" as being not one of the core group of characters. He was in about 20% of the episodes.

Susie Carmichal signaled the beginning of the downfall for Rugrats. Then Dil's arrival hastened the precipitous drop. By the time the Chuckie's Asian stepsister Kimi joined the gang, was the even any reason to care anymore?

asking the tough questions

The new "Mr. ( and Mrs.) Wilson" on Dennis the Menace. As the brother of the deceased original, he never developed the same chemistry with Dennis. Last year of the show.

Agreed. On the third side, Ed Nelms character split the difference between horrible and unmemorable like Nellie and fantastic like Erin.

Agreed. On the third side, Ed Nelms character split the difference between horrible and unmemorable like Nellie and fantastic like Erin.

Yes. The Nard Dog had moments where he was great and an equal number where he was awful.

if you rewatch the Office, i think the strangest thing is that Andy was part of the Cast as long as Michael

I stopped watching The Office after whatever season ended with the company picnic, but I always thought Ed Helms was a solid addition.

at first I was annoyed by the addition of Danny DeVito to Always Sunny, but I was wrong on that one

I think most people like the Lithgow season (Season 4). Just don't go past that. First two seasons are fantastic.

I watched Dexter religiously up until the last episode of Lithgow, and never watched a single episode after that.

at first I was annoyed by the addition of Danny DeVito to Always Sunny, but I was wrong on that one

I hated Rafi in his first few episodes of The League. Then he became my favorite character on the show.

Back