Page 85 of 87 FirstFirst ... 35758081828384858687 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,700 of 1737

Thread: Official Champions League 2018/2019 - New & Improved: Arsenal AND Chelsea Free (NWT)

And Mahrez won the Premier League at Leicester as their best (2nd best at worst, IMO {could have been Kante best}) player.

Pep gets full credit on Foden tho, although the kid has always shown talent. Man United supporting dad and the club let him slip through the cracks and end up at Man City. Glazers, that.

Zinchenko is just a fine player, for me. Pep will buy to upgrade on him. Guaranteed.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Happy for Pep.

Scooter Banks
    Go to the Elf's house. We're just a bit West of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by deacvision7 View Post
    Oof. Dude. Come the fuck on!

Let's start up the "oh no, oh no, oh no no no no no" TikTok track

About the only good thing about having no fans in the stands is you can sometimes hear what the players say to each other. Di Maria called him a son of a bitch in Spanish and then added the foul for good measure. Wish I could hear want the Fernandinho said to set him off.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by timthedeac View Post
    2 really nice goals on the counter today.

Foden, Mahrez, Gundogan, and Zinchenko are all much better players than they were a couple seasons ago. Dias is a monster.

Not a bad roster when you can rotate in Aguero, Sterling, and Jesus.
    When Dias and Stones play together City has lost once and tied once all season.

Foden has some serious ability to switch gears and eat up space quickly. That half turn, push out into space and post shot was ridiculous. And how he got to that ball he crossed on goal 2 before the defender is beyond me. Huge potential and the type of player you can build a national team around.

DeacMan:

Would you rather Boca Juniors win the Argentina Primeria AND the Copa Libertores

OR

Manchester City win the Premier League, FA Cup, and European Cup?

You have to chose one. Which is your club. (I already know the answer)
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

And Mahrez won the Premier League at Leicester as their best (2nd best at worst, IMO {could have been Kante best}) player.

Pep gets full credit on Foden tho, although the kid has always shown talent. Man United supporting dad and the club let him slip through the cracks and end up at Man City. Glazers, that.

Zinchenko is just a fine player, for me. Pep will buy to upgrade on him. Guaranteed.
    Wasn’t trying to diminish the players that Gundogan and Mahrez were two years ago. There’s obviously a reason City bought them. But 2 years ago Sterling and Sane were ahead of Mahrez, and both of them have slipped in form and he scored 3 goals in a UCL semifinal tie.

I think you’re selling Zinchenko short. The first leg completely changed when he came in for Cancelo. I’m sure money can buy you a better left back but he’s leaps and bounds ahead of where he was a couple seasons ago.

Wasn’t trying to diminish the players that Gundogan and Mahrez were two years ago. There’s obviously a reason City bought them. But 2 years ago Sterling and Sane were ahead of Mahrez, and both of them have slipped in form and he scored 3 goals in a UCL semifinal tie.

I think you’re selling Zinchenko short. The first leg completely changed when he came in for Cancelo. I’m sure money can buy you a better left back but he’s leaps and bounds ahead of where he was a couple seasons ago.
    I'm sorry, what are we even discussing here?
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Scooter Banks

When I look at City's squad I don't think of left back as some glaring hole. They will no doubt want to add depth as many places as they can but with a host of older players leaving from the midfield and up front the big business is going to be done elsewhere.

Scooter Banks
    Pretty comical. Your ass was already kicked. The least of your worries is a salty ref who lipped back at you when you whined about him calling some obvious foul.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-sa...an-city-defeat

Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    When I look at City's squad I don't think of left back as some glaring hole. They will no doubt want to add depth as many places as they can but with a host of older players leaving from the midfield and up front the big business is going to be done elsewhere.
    Man City have already spent 500 Million Euros on defense since Pep became manager in 2016.

HALF A BILLION EUROS. And he will spend big there again this summer. Guaranteed.

Cancelo is a natural RB, not LB. Zinchenko is just an alright player but leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Mendy isn't the answer Pep was hoping for either, so he will spend big for his LB this summer. It's literally what he does each summer.

Guardiola signings for Man City defense:
    Player Position Season
    Signed from Transfer fee (million €)
    Ruben Dias Center back 2020-21 Benfica (Portugal) 68
    Joao Cancelo Right back 2019-20 Juventus (Italy) 65
    Aymeric Laporte Center back 2017-18 Athletic Bilbao (Spain) 65
    Benjamin Mendy Left back 2017-18 Monaco (France) 57.5
    John Stones Center back 2016-17 Everton (England) 55.6
    Kyle Walker Right back 2017-18 Tottenham (England) 52.7
    Nathan Ake Center back 2020-21 Bournemouth (England) 45.3
    Ederson Goalkeeper 2017-18 Benfica (Portugal) 40
    Danilo Right back 2017-18 Real Madrid (Spain) 30
    Claudio Bravo Goalkeeper 2016-17 Barcelona (Spain) 18
    Angelino Left back 2019-20 PSV (Netherlands) 12
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Quote Originally Posted by DeacMan View Post
    Pretty comical. Your ass was already kicked. The least of your worries is a salty ref who lipped back at you when you whined about him calling some obvious foul.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/paris-sa...an-city-defeat
    Ummmm a referee shouldn't be saying those things to any player or any side, regardless of the final score.

You can be such an obtuse dunce sometimes, ya Marxist.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Manchester City has spent over €1b in transfers since the summer of 2016 alone, and have recuperated just €375m back in player sales.

Meanwhile, the Glazer ownership has cost Manchester United over €1b in interest, dividends, etc. and the club is still over €500m in debt. The club has also spent "only" just over €1b since the Glazers took control of the club. In 2005.

The fact that Ole has us as close to City as we are in in 2nd place is quite an accomplishment.
    DV7 was RIGHT
    - wakephan09

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Man City have already spent 500 Million Euros on defense since Pep became manager in 2016.

HALF A BILLION EUROS. And he will spend big there again this summer. Guaranteed.

Cancelo is a natural RB, not LB. Zinchenko is just an alright player but leaves a lot to be desired, IMO. Mendy isn't the answer Pep was hoping for either, so he will spend big for his LB this summer. It's literally what he does each summer.

Guardiola signings for Man City defense:
    Player Position Season
    Signed from Transfer fee (million €)
    Ruben Dias Center back 2020-21 Benfica (Portugal) 68
    Joao Cancelo Right back 2019-20 Juventus (Italy) 65
    Aymeric Laporte Center back 2017-18 Athletic Bilbao (Spain) 65
    Benjamin Mendy Left back 2017-18 Monaco (France) 57.5
    John Stones Center back 2016-17 Everton (England) 55.6
    Kyle Walker Right back 2017-18 Tottenham (England) 52.7
    Nathan Ake Center back 2020-21 Bournemouth (England) 45.3
    Ederson Goalkeeper 2017-18 Benfica (Portugal) 40
    Danilo Right back 2017-18 Real Madrid (Spain) 30
    Claudio Bravo Goalkeeper 2016-17 Barcelona (Spain) 18
    Angelino Left back 2019-20 PSV (Netherlands) 12
    STAY AWAY FROM DIGNE

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Ummmm a referee shouldn't be saying those things to any player or any side, regardless of the final score.

Never trust a Dutchman.

In all seriousness, he deserves a permanent UCL ban if indeed he cursed at players.

Scooter Banks

No shit sherlock. Doesn't mean it isn't funny that PSG's one big beef post game was with the ref lipping off at them after they spent the last 30 minutes of the game committing obvious fouls and then whining at the ref when he called them.

Scott "Rufio" Feather
    Even Timo couldn't miss that one

Scooter Banks
    Manchester City has spent over €1b in transfers since the summer of 2016 alone, and have recuperated just €375m back in player sales.

Meanwhile, the Glazer ownership has cost Manchester United over €1b in interest, dividends, etc. and the club is still over €500m in debt. The club has also spent "only" just over €1b since the Glazers took control of the club. In 2005.

The fact that Ole has us as close to City as we are in in 2nd place is quite an accomplishment.
    Man United, purveyors of Dave Odom's "The End Is Not The Trophy"

These black socks are awful.

Chelsea should have had 2 more by now but it's looking like just a matter of time. Madrid have no energy or movement when they have the ball, spending their whole possession trying to figure out how to cross midfield