• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Has the men's basketball program now, finally, hit ROCK BOTTOM?

Have we finally arrived?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clearly. I thought that when you said “serious question” that what followed was a serious question about the topic at hand, not a rhetorical question meant to imply that there is something seriously wrong with my life. You didn’t seem like some of these guys who let a message board argument raise their blood pressure or ruin their day.

Just in case you were actually taking a serious interest in my well being, then first of all, a sincere thank you. It’s always refreshing to know that a stranger cares. To answer your question, I have several problems, as I imagine we all do, but none that are particularly troubling or interesting. My dog eats shit he’s not supposed to, my allergies are bad this time of year, I can’t find a decent Chinese place nearby. Just the normal mundane shit. Overall, life is good. Thanks for asking though.

I don’t think you realize the extent to which you’ve revealed your nature through your arguing. We’re all here just to engage in message board banter. But man it really bothers you when people don’t share your perspective. To your core. None of us knows why, but it’s obviously true. Few here believe that your biggest problem is the quality of Chinese food in your neighborhood. Your posting style says different.

I don’t think you realize the extent to which you’ve revealed your nature through your arguing. We’re all here just to engage in message board banter. But man it really bothers you when people don’t share your perspective. To your core. None of us knows why, but it’s obviously true. Few here believe that your biggest problem is the quality of Chinese food in your neighborhood. Your posting style says different.

Bothers me? Dude this place would be boring as hell if y’all actually all agreed with me. I enjoy a more contentious level of banter than most, which in fact requires people that don’t share my perspective. Why the fuck would that bother me?

Maybe you and others should consider why you need to engage in armchair psychology based on an anonymous person’s thoughts on Wake Forest basketball. Might be a sign of some fucked up Freudian shit, or it might not, I wouldn’t have any idea.

Anyways, if y’all enjoy having these discussions you know where to find me, if not then I can’t imagine why you keep coming back.

Bothers me? Dude this place would be boring as hell if y’all actually all agreed with me. I enjoy a more contentious level of banter than most, which in fact requires people that don’t share my perspective. Why the fuck would that bother me?

Maybe you and others should consider why you need to engage in armchair psychology based on an anonymous person’s thoughts on Wake Forest basketball. Might be a sign of some fucked up Freudian shit, or it might not, I wouldn’t have any idea.

Anyways, if y’all enjoy having these discussions you know where to find me, if not then I can’t imagine why you keep coming back.

“Don’t engage in armchair psychology! Let me engage in armchair psychology to tell you why!”

“Don’t engage in armchair psychology! Let me engage in armchair psychology to tell you why!”

Telling you that “you might have cancer, or you might not, I wouldn’t have any idea” would be some piss poor armchair doctoring.

I do feel comfortable armchair diagnosing your reading comprehension though . . .

Telling you that “you might have cancer, or you might not, I wouldn’t have any idea” would be some piss poor armchair doctoring.

I do feel comfortable armchair diagnosing your reading comprehension though . . .

giphy.webp

Figured that would be your reply. But anytime you gotta drop the “maybe it’s Freudian” line, you’re pop psychologizing.

I guess it’s true... get it out here so you don’t get it out in the real world.

It’s all good. I’m just saying what birdman is - take a cue from your board name and chill out. Other people can have different opinions. It doesn’t have to bother you like it does.

March!

Birds really are the best.

hey birdman - I enjoy listening to the owls in the woods behind my house. Very soothing. seems like they're communicating with each other as I hear the one nearest the house, then another a ways off.

anyway - I recently observed a red-tailed hawk in the woods. Big mama jammer, got all the other birds very excited. and I'm wondering - can hawks and owls co-exist in the same territory? will they throw down, or will the smaller owl just leave if the hawk moves in?

Figured that would be your reply. But anytime you gotta drop the “maybe it’s Freudian” line, you’re pop psychologizing.

I guess it’s true... get it out here so you don’t get it out in the real world.

It’s all good. I’m just saying what birdman is - take a cue from your board name and chill out. Other people can have different opinions. It doesn’t have to bother you like it does.

March!

Pointing our that your posts tell me nothing about your psychological health isn’t pop psychology.

And for all your complaining about me, y’all enjoy the banter as much as I do.

hey birdman - I enjoy listening to the owls in the woods behind my house. Very soothing. seems like they're communicating with each other as I hear the one nearest the house, then another a ways off.

anyway - I recently observed a red-tailed hawk in the woods. Big mama jammer, got all the other birds very excited. and I'm wondering - can hawks and owls co-exist in the same territory? will they throw down, or will the smaller owl just leave if the hawk moves in?

The Owls are definitely communicating with each other. Probably a mated pair talking to each other from opposite ends of the territory.

Hawks are diurnal and owls are nocturnal and therefore seldom meet to throw down...though I bet the would if they did cross paths. Who would win depends on the type of owl and the type of hawk, but I'd give the edge to an owl if they are matched well size wise. Owls are freaking sky ninjas. They are literally silent when they fly and could probably pluck a hawk off its perch, and snap it's neck before the hawk knew what hit him.

The Owls are definitely communicating with each other. Probably a mated pair talking to each other from opposite ends of the territory.

Hawks are diurnal and owls are nocturnal and therefore seldom meet to throw down...though I bet the would if they did cross paths. Who would win depends on the type of owl and the type of hawk, but I'd give the edge to an owl if they are matched well size wise. Owls are freaking sky ninjas. They are literally silent when they fly and could probably pluck a hawk off its perch, and snap it's neck before the hawk knew what hit him.

best post of the thread right here

That is freakin' badass...I knew owls were awesome but not to this extent. Sky ninja, haha love it.

I've heard peregrines call sky Lamborghini before so owls are definitely sky ninjas:

Wow, very cool!!

Your team might be at rock bottom if a thread about basketball evolves into a thread about awesome birds of prey. LOL

I work in an all glass building that sticks out like a sore thumb in the northeast ATL suburbs, and there are a couple of red-tailed hawks who love to fly back and forth from their nests in the trees below to the top edge of our building where they perch and look out over the canopy. Sometimes they brush my window with their talons and it scares the shit out of me. I think they occasionally circle next to the building admiring themselves in the reflection as they fly and swoop up to the top of the building. So cool.

You're inviting that Temple troll to make a return with all of this owl talk.

Back