• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

The Rams are a damn video game. I swear they're operating on a whole 'nother salary cap than everyone else.

I don't think I've ever seen that grammatical error actually typed out. Impressive.

12c9dm.jpg

Holy crap, I would kill to have anyone of those four but she is criminally gorgeous! Also, I am moving to the Ukraine :naughty::naughty::naughty:

No, they just recognize that there is a short window when a promising QB is on a rookie contract and you are able to load up the other positions to make a strong run at the Super Bowl. Once the QB hits the end of that first contract the window closes and you have to count on the QB by himself being ELIte to get you there without as much supporting help. The Eagles and Seahawks did it recently as well. It is why the Jets are idiots not to deal and pay for Bell while their window is open the next few years with Darnold's contract.

I'm a Jets fan. They need a hell of a lot more than Bell to be actual contenders.

I think Bell's patient style only works with a team that has elite run-blocking... Otherwise, you get TFL'd more often than not.

RBs, in my opinion, are largely a commodity... You run them hard for a few years until the wheels fall off and then you move on. Which is why I understand Bell wanting to get paid before his window is up.

Only truly dumb franchises build around running backs

The Jets are solid enough at RB. Getting Bell would be ridiculous.

I'm a Jets fan. They need a hell of a lot more than Bell to be actual contenders.

I think Bell's patient style only works with a team that has elite run-blocking... Otherwise, you get TFL'd more often than not.

RBs, in my opinion, are largely a commodity... You run them hard for a few years until the wheels fall off and then you move on. Which is why I understand Bell wanting to get paid before his window is up.

Right, he is not the only necessary piece to make them contenders, but he is a great start. They have 4 years left with Darnold's QB contract window, which generally coincides with Bell's timeline. You can pay the RB like a QB if the QB outperforms his contract, and the only time that ever really can occur (unless the QB is like Brady and takes less than market because of some shady back-end deals) is on the rookie contract.

I think the RB as a commodity thought is largely going out the window for the bulk of the league. Yes it works if you have a generational QB like Brady or Rodgers, but for most teams a great RB is a huge difference for an average to above-average QB: Gurley/Goff, Fournette/Bortles, Elliott/Dak, etc.

Jets have way too many holes at other important positions (LB, DE, offensive line). It'd be stupid to waste whatever someone like Bell is asking for.

But even if they sign Bell to a megabucks deal, at least the Jets wouldn't be severely hamstrung by both an RB and a sucky quarterback

The Eagles should sign Bell. They aren't paying any WR after this year. They aren't paying a QB yet. Wentz, Moore, Ertz and their line would be devastating.

The Eagles are currently $20.5M over next year's cap in terms of their projected 2019 salaries. No other team is over the cap at all. Even if/when they move on from Foles, would be a heavy left to afford anyone of Bell's contract.

Also the Eagles are paying Alshon Jeffrey $14.5M+ for the next three years

Last edited:
So you're saying that RJ had a completely awful take and an obvious factual error in a one-line post ? Sounds about right.

The Eagles are currently $20.5M over next year's cap in terms of their projected 2019 salaries. No other team is over the cap at all. Even if/when they move on from Foles, would be a heavy left to afford anyone of Bell's contract.

Also the Eagles are paying Alshon Jeffrey $14.5M+ for the next three years

Currently is the key word...

My God, Le'Veon is so overrated. Can't wait til he doesn't get nearly as much as he's hoping for and goes to a crapbag, dumb team and fades into 3.8 YPC oblivion. I wish nothing but bad things for him.

probably the biggest thing in common among super bowl winners in the last 15 years is that they don't pay big money to running backs

probably the biggest thing in common among super bowl winners in the last 15 years is that they don't pay big money to running backs

No, the biggest thing in common among those 15 winners is that 12 of them had HOF QBs (4 Brady, 2 Peyton, 2 ELIte, 2 Roethlisburger, 1 Brees, and 1 Rodgers ). If you don't have a HOF QB (i.e. Seattle, Baltimore), then you need a better RB (Marshawn Lynch, Ray Rice) to have any chance of winning.

Back