• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018 NFL Season ends: Patriots win Superbowl!

What do you mean? Thomas looked like a legit catch. Didn’t see the Panthers game in the second half.

What do you mean? Thomas looked like a legit catch. Didn’t see the Panthers game in the second half.

Thought the ball was jarred loose and he really only solidified the catch after he was OOB. Surprised it was confirmed as opposed to stood.

We must be talking about a different catch. I’m talking about the TD catch.

Me too. The announcer said he came up with it between his legs.

Check his right hand from :23 to end - retrieving ball between his knees.

Last edited:
Still in bounds though. That’s a catch.

Eli with one more game winning drive in 4th quarter. Giants win.

This reddit post was informative:

Yours-Sincerely 45 points an hour ago*

Mexican here. The field has been a complete disaster for months now (July to be precise).

What happened?

The natural grass of the Azteca stadium was replaced with a hybrid grass mix in July. This hybrid grass needs a minimum of 15 days for the roots to settle in, however for some unknown reason, the grass was installed ONE DAY before the first match of the Mexican soccer season. So, as a result, the grass was never able to settle and it's been a disaster ever since.

What's worse is that since two Mexican teams use the Azteca stadium as their home, that means that there is at least one soccer match played each week. Then you add concerts and other events, and the damage is multiplied.

What has the impact been?

Soccer players and coaches have been complaining about the dangerous conditions since July. Although to the best of my knowledge, there haven't been any injuries caused by the field, the quality of the matches is usually poor as teams are reluctant to risk getting injured.

What has been done to fix it?

Tarkett, a French firm specializing in stadium maintenance (including with Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, amongst others) was brought in during the August-September time frame to try to fix the issue. It seemed to improve after a 2-week period without games but went back to its terrible condition soon afterward.

What do I expect to happen with MNF?

From what I know, it doesn't seem likely that the NFL pulls out given that we are just a few days away. It makes me sad that this incredible match-up will be impacted, and the Azteca (and Mexico) will reflect poorly. Make no mistake, the NFL is HUGE in Mexico (to many people's surprise), and the Azteca is one of the most legendary stadiums in the world. I hope that we see a fantastic match-up, no injuries, and that we redeem our reputation next year.

The right move. Mexico City fans must be pissed. They were going to get the game of the year.

They showed the stadium last night on MNF and I thought, “That looks like shit. Welp, what do I know about turf management? I’m sure it’s fine. Go Kittle!”

Not surprising.

I guess there is a turf management job open in MC for those who speak Spanish and willing to relocate.

It's flex season for Sunday Night Football.

For weeks 13 and 14 they've dropped San Francisco-Seattle and Pittsburgh-Oakland in favor of Pittsburgh-LA Chargers and LA Rams-Chicago respectively.

Back