• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

Ummmm
0625e29d02839ffc6e0c46f4a9e6e9bb.jpg

For prior Thursday games, the blue and orange lots opened around 3pm. From what I've heard, the Pepsi/Aon folks are none too pleased whenever they have to accommodate weeknight games.

For prior Thursday games, the blue and orange lots opened around 3pm. From what I've heard, the Pepsi/Aon folks are none too pleased whenever they have to accommodate weeknight games.

Threaten to sell Coke products at the games and maybe that will shut them up.

Storm is quite possibly moving more east to west than through RALEIGH. That means winds more like 39 mph not 12 mph.

Also, if it does cut across, then Saturday Nashville isn’t a good idea, UVA.

Latest projections show landfall closer to Friday afternoon. Looking more and more like the game will be played.

Latest projections show landfall closer to Friday afternoon. Looking more and more like the game will be played.

Wonder if conditions improve if the game will be moved back to 7:30. The official ACC announcement certainly left all kinds of wiggle-room for such a situation.

Wonder if conditions improve if the game will be moved back to 7:30. The official ACC announcement certainly left all kinds of wiggle-room for such a situation.

I guess it's possible, but they'd face some backlash. Some fans already gave up their tickets. It would look bad to move things back while people are evacuating.

I guess it's possible, but they'd face some backlash. Some fans already gave up their tickets. It would look bad to move things back while people are evacuating.

Agreed. It truly is a no-win situation.

The Euro weather model which is more accurate 90% of the time says this is entirely the right decision and it's good to see in the factless society we currently live in that Mother So Dear used the facts in this decision.

Just guessing, but I'd think a decent number of BC fans bought tickets with the idea of heading to the NC mountains or coast after the game for a 3-day weekend.

Perhaps. BC doesn’t travel very well even in ordinary circumstances.

I'm guessing that very few BC fans will show up.
Also figure that a large number of Wake fans won't attend, but those that do will be the hard-core fans that will be plenty vocal. Would be nice to have a 95% Wake crowd that we hear frequently on TV.

Back