• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boston College - Game Time Moved to 5:30pm Kickoff

two years ago LSU@UF was postponed by a hurricane

both schools had the standard late-season SEC patsies scheduled for the same weekend in November, so they bought out those games to play each other

LSU, however, squawked about playing at UF that weekend as it would have meant 3 straight road games, so the game was played in Baton Rouge

For WF and BC, we host Rice the same weekend BC hosts Temple; in theory we could both buy those teams out - but if BC came to WF that would mean 3 straight road games for BC

I'm sure Biff's good buddies up in Boone would be glad to host us Thursday.

Not to come across as LOWF, but if we want to become a perennial bowl team, we don't need to pass up what next to Towson should be our best bet at a sure win this season. In that scenario, a loss to BC essentially ends up costing us two games in the W column.

I don’t see the problem with moving to Boston if we get them at home next year.

I don't think that's how it worked in the past. I think we would still be considered the "home" team and would have to play at BC next year. If it happens I hope I'm wrong though.

Les Johns has floated the below idea - this looks good to me:

The two teams don’t share an open week, and Wake’s open week is October 13 — the date of the Billy Joel concert at BB&T Field. Boston College has an open date the week of October 20, but the Deacs play at Florida State that weekend.

Noooowwwww. . .this is speculatory, but the Seminoles have an off date slated for October 13.
1COMMENTS

What about the ACC moves Wake at Florida State to Oct. 13 and then Boston College at Wake for October 20?

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Weather-could-impact-Wake-Forest-Football-hosting-Boston-College-Hurricane-Florence--121704150/

Not to come across as LOWF, but if we want to become a perennial bowl team, we don't need to pass up what next to Towson should be our best bet at a sure win this season. In that scenario, a loss to BC essentially ends up costing us two games in the W column.

yeah, the situation sucks all around

but if the storm comes as predicted we aren't playing BC in Groves this weekend - so even in the best case (we get to a neutral site this weekend), we lose the home field advantage in a crucial game in which we're the underdogs

I hope the AD is exploring every option right now for a neutral site, but if we can't agree upon one then cancelling Rice looks like the second best option to me (playing the weekend of the ACC Championship is a distant third)

yeah, the situation sucks all around

but if the storm comes as predicted we aren't playing BC in Groves this weekend - so even in the best case (we get to a neutral site this weekend), we lose the home field advantage in a crucial game in which we're the underdogs

I hope the AD is exploring every option right now for a neutral site, but if we can't agree upon one then cancelling Rice looks like the second best option to me (playing the weekend of the ACC Championship is a distant third)

quoted to add: I like Les Johns' solution better

The two teams don’t share an open week, and Wake’s open week is October 13 — the date of the Billy Joel concert at BB&T Field. Boston College has an open date the week of October 20, but the Deacs play at Florida State that weekend.

Noooowwwww. . .this is speculatory, but the Seminoles have an off date slated for October 13.
1COMMENTS

What about the ACC moves Wake at Florida State to Oct. 13 and then Boston College at Wake for October 20?

https://247sports.com/college/wake-forest/Article/Weather-could-impact-Wake-Forest-Football-hosting-Boston-College-Hurricane-Florence--121704150/

would be a bummer to lose a mid-season bye week, but we are already kinda banged up so might not be a big change

would also space out home games a bit more

Cancelling Rice is one of the worst things that can happen to Wake - we should do everything we can to avoid that.

1COMMENTS

This sounds OK to me. Didn't we have to move a home game with Miami kind of like this around 2004 or 05, because they had to reschedule another game due to a hurricane (no pun intended)?

Of course, I would rather see the BC game played as scheduled Thursday night at BB&T Field, but that seems very unlikely thanks to Florence.

FSU is not changing its schedule to accommodate Wake Forest.

Problem that teams are going to run into is the stadium coming up with the staff to do a game they didn't have on the schedule if games are flipped home/away or at a neutral field. Sounding like that may be the issue for WVU/NCSU flipping to Morgantown this week (along with all the travel head aches etc. This is going to be a mess for all teams in NC this week. In the grand scheme of things it will be very small in what happens to the state due to this storm but as a fan, it doesn't make it suck any less.

I have a feeling that they can sneak this game in just before the weather turns thursday night. Good vibes.

Back